Partygate

Sponsored Links
Political debate in this forum is pointless. No swing voters will be influenced. We have hard labourites and tory fan boys. Some here see it as their full time job to try to educate those who they see less informed. There is very little difference now politically between the two parties as they are desperate to occupy the middle ground. Labour's attempt to move left was disastrous for them and Starmer had to and has, pulled them back.

If I met Johnson, I reckon I'd enjoy a chat with him. He's not as smart as his education should have made him. I also reckon I'd enjoy chatting to Corybn. Cameron and Miliband are also interesting. Neither Sunak nor Starmer interest me, they are both dull and silent assassins. Neither, should be trusted as much as politician who screws up.

Its in the nature of forums like this to attact people who are/ have been interested in politics their whole life, which makes it unlikely they will change their views. Many political views are deeply entrenched in people’s psyche almost at an emotional level. But on something as fundamental an event as brexhit several hard right contributors to the forum (on other topics) have changed their position in the cold harsh dawn of reality. Im not aware of one person who voted remain and has been convinced by the sunny uplands of brexhit.

Blup

Sponsored Links
That is because it is not an equivalent hypothesis. Had we remained there would no doubt be plenty of regretters. Buyers remorse is a real thing.

That is because it is not an equivalent hypothesis. Had we remained there would no doubt be plenty of regretters. Buyers remorse is a real thing.
But if we'd remained what would Mottie have had to argue about this last 10 years?

We'd be having the same arguments, or yet another independence referendum. But we'd be richer.

What's 'moral' about being a sick left wing extremist?
Is that the best supporting argument for a being a low moral Boris supporter that you have ?

I'm not left wing. I have no political allegiance, I am a floating voter. I am certainly not entrenched in any political direction.

so if having morals and not being politically tied makes me sick, what does being an extreme right wing, blinkered Boris supporter who admits he cares nothing for morals and ethics, make you.

as I have said before. Nothing wrong with being a Tory if that's the ideals and future you want. But just supporting Boris blindly is not a sign of a balanced and informed person. Easily led by 3 word slogans sums you up.

Last edited:
But not leaving wasn't a change, the equivalence is in the context of the vote, leave or remain.

Blup

There is very little difference now politically between the two parties

You are mistaken.

The recent budget flung billions at the thin layer of the highest-paid in tax concessions, with immediate effect, and promised a small increase for pre-schoolers, some of them, dribbling in over a few years.

Which of these do you think was instinctive Tory, and which was a reluctant crumb brushed off the table?

Going back, which party created the NHS, and which party fought against it every step of the way?

When asked about his morals and ethics, de Piffle replied...

960x0.jpg

You are mistaken.

The recent budget flung billions at the thin layer of the highest-paid in tax concessions, with immediate effect, and promised a small increase for pre-schoolers, some of them, dribbling in over a few years.

Which of these do you think was instinctive Tory, and which was a reluctant crumb brushed off the table?

Going back, which party created the NHS, and which party fought against it every step of the way?
This post makes my point very well.

But not leaving wasn't a change, the equivalence is in the context of the vote, leave or remain.

Blup
It would be wrong to say the EU wasn’t and isn’t changing. I suspect I wasn’t the only person to vote leave, not because of what it was, but what it was becoming.

It would be wrong to say the EU wasn’t and isn’t changing. I suspect I wasn’t the only person to vote leave, not because of what it was, but what it was becoming.
So what was it becoming in your opinion?

Because I could equally say that we are heading full speed towards the US model...

Would you agree with that?

Sponsored Links
Back