Suggestions on how to install these lights, please help

Have you tried you local hire shop to see if they have a 210mm hole saw?

Sponsored Links
You may have to resort to a compass and padsaw if a search for a large holesaw fails.

Sponsored Links
Taylor thanks for the reply matey

Can you tell me what you mean by a template? Do you mean cutting a hole 210mm in diameter in say for example some mdf and use that as the template or were you referring to something else?

Also Ive searched for pad saw and in my wonderful Screwfix there is nothing as such. I remember my friend has a pad saw which was a wooden handle with a normal saw blade on the end of it but ive seen various other such as this with narrow ended blades etc
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/n..._search=pad+saw&selected=products&_loopback=1

He'll mean cutting a 210mm hole out of something then using that to draw an outline on the ceiling to cut around.

As I said above, either that, or use a compass.
One thing's for sure, I wouldn't go to the expense of buying special tooling to do this job if it's a one off, a good quality padsaw do the job perfectly and cost less than £10.

Make a 210mm cardboard circle and draw round it.

On Screwfix, loook at Compass Saw. It will take you a while if u cutting 30 holes in MDF.

PS Wear a mask if cutting MDF.

I must have lost the plot somewhere (not reading properly).
I didn't realise all holes were in MDF, that would be extemelly difficult with a padsaw :(

:D

I was referring to something like this. Short work will be made of plasterboard.

e67c_1.JPG

I thought it was plasterboard you were cutting though the last post by Taylor confused me with the mention of MDF!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back