Suggestions on how to install these lights, please help

Sponsored Links
I've seen many padsaws in store and considering B&Q stock many products from the FatMax range I would think you'll get one there.
If that fails there will be other options, just don't go for the cheaper saws as there's a clear difference when using them.
I bought a Bahco padsaw from eBay (of all places!) and find it superb.

Sponsored Links
I would say they're the same. I've never had trouble cutting curved shapes with a padsaw.
210mm holes would be a doddle with a good quality padsaw.

Out of the two you've bought, you've got the better saw for plasterboard.

Lol im getting confused now as im being told I should have bought the B&Q one.

Bare in mind that although both ceilings are plaster boards, one of them has been finished with some board finish

Bloody hell, do you want me to come and cut the holes out for you? It might be quicker!! :LOL: ;)

I personally would go for a padsaw/drywall saw (like the Stanley FatMax) but out of the two you listed, you bought, what looks to be the better saw.

Are you cutting the holes out of plasterboard? I thought you were cutting them out of MDF.

Definatly use a padsaw then. I recently did about 30no. 220mm holes for some PL downlights. Only took a couple of hours to cut all the holes out by hand.

You could cut a template out of cardboard for your holes.

I have recently patented a special 220mm downlighter hole marking tool

You just drill a 6mm hole in the middle of where you want to cut out, and away you go :D

Sorry, I did believe that he was to build a false ceiling with 18mm pink MDF.

Thanks for the replies guys, regarding the fittings. They are not Firerated to be honest so would you think 18mm of the pink stuff would be better to use?

Hey ho. Plasterboard is easier.........

b****y hell, do you want me to come and cut the holes out for you? It might be quicker!! :LOL: ;)

I personally would go for a padsaw/drywall saw (like the Stanley FatMax) but out of the two you listed, you bought, what looks to be the better saw.

Lol I wont mind the offer :LOL:

The reason its so confusing is that so many places are confusing the name. I mean at screwfix a compass saw is a pad saw, at Band Q a compass saw is like a normal large saw and their pad saw has really little fine teeth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back