Super Immunity Anyone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This study says that if you contract covid following 2 doses of vaccine you gain a massive boost in antibodies - which is described as being like a super-immunity. It only works that way around though. You don't get the immunity boost if you have covid and then vaccine.

Maybe the vaccinated should all start throwing covid parties.

Sponsored Links
Maybe the vaccinated should all start throwing covid parties.

the vaccines greatly reduce the risk of severe illness or death

but a few of them will get ill and die, so maybe they will try to avoid it as long as they can.

‘the key is to get vaccinated’

Quite right.

ONS figures show that of the relatively few breakthrough (double vaccinated) deaths the majority were near to 80 years of age and had 'weakened' immune systems. The party will have to be restricted to under 65s.

Sponsored Links
the vaccines greatly reduce the risk of severe illness or death

but a few of them will get ill and die, so maybe they will try to avoid it as long as they can.

‘the key is to get vaccinated’

Quite right.

Attachments

• upload_2021-12-20_13-45-19.gif
    upload_2021-12-20_13-45-19.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 254
Last edited by a moderator:
ONS figures show that of the relatively few breakthrough (double vaccinated) deaths the majority were near to 80 years of age and had 'weakened' immune systems. The party will have to be restricted to under 65s.

How old is Boris?

SUper immune - yep, for a while.. If you look into how B cells, memory B cells, T / Killer T cells work, then the mechanism for extra high numbers after a booster, makes sense. The boosting starts right after the jab, too.
There are potential undesired effects from too many vaccines, but I won't feed the trolls.
Pfizer saying we might need 4 doses - geddaway,,.

In SA, they still aren't reporting deaths from omicron though some are saying it's "officially none" implying it's denied, though I don't see a reason to do that. 'Excess deaths' there includes deltas, so not really useful.
When their "hospitalized with omicron" figure was about 550, something like 2/3rds were folk who went in for something else, so "with" not "due to". That John Campbell (the youtube guy) said the same is happening here.
Cases and hospital numbers are on the way down now in Gauteng where it started. Their hospitals weren't super-loaded. It has peaked . It's hard to tell whether that's because everyone is infected, because they don't test the way we do. I was reading about why infections peak; there's a whole list of reasons, so the SA situation may not match ours. A lot of S Africans did get delta so had immunity from that.

It's a bit early to be looking for omicron deaths here, yet. People like Ferguson are still (last I heard) saying they're modelling on omi being as severe as Delta, which other modellers don't.

I think I mentioned AstraZenica has low/no protection to omicron. I have an aged parent in a home who had 2x AZ, and hasn't get a booster for some reason. They're letting visitors in, too.

Couple of mates got delta, not too bad, but now they're wiped out with the long thing, which typicaly lasts several weeks, they're told.

Sponsored Links
Back