Super Immunity Anyone?

Super immunity is an over statement. Better would be a more apt word. ;) Tried to find the report again but swamped out now.
Cases and hospital numbers are on the way down now in Gauteng where it started. Their hospitals weren't super-loaded. It has peaked . It's hard to tell whether that's because everyone is infected, because they don't test the way we do. I was reading about why infections peak; there's a whole list of reasons, so the SA situation may not match ours. A lot of S Africans did get delta so had immunity from that.

I've heard a report from a correspondent there that mask usage is rigidly enforced. That in itself will reduce infection levels. The other report same source - average age 30 year older here.

Recently here that the Omicron epicentre is London. If correct that suggests it will spread at a similar rate to the original infection - weeks,

Sponsored Links
Smokers are at lesser risk to this virus

remember some french study on the caper in the early days

mind you being a french study one might take it with a pinch of salt ??? :idea::?:

Along with the 2 jabs you have had.
Yes, should I announce it on the BBC as no one seems to remember?

Do you think that if you are immune to something, being super-immune would be somehow better or do you just think it sounds better?

Sponsored Links
Yes, should I announce it on the BBC as no one seems to remember?

Do you think that if you are immune to something, being super-immune would be somehow better or do you just think it sounds better?

They are talking of improved immunity, no one is totally immune.

Super immunity is an over statement. Better would be a more apt word. ;) Tried to find the report again but swamped out now.

I've heard a report from a correspondent there that mask usage is rigidly enforced. That in itself will reduce infection levels. The other report same source - average age 30 year older here.
Recently here that the Omicron epicentre is London. If correct that suggests it will spread at a similar rate to the original infection - weeks,

Masks - They might be doing more now but it was quite the reverse in Gauteng. People come in from the townships in Toyota minibuses which wait, until they're full to, or above capacity. Mask wearing in public places has been mandatory but commentators have been reporting people not bothering.
I expect they're shaken up a bit now.
Having lived out there I must say the lasting impression isn't of a nation of meticulously law abiding citizens....

It's quite tricky to glean the numbers.
Here's country-wide. 105 today but 3 yesterday (at the bottom)
https://sacoronavirus.co.za/2021/12/20/update-on-covid-19-monday-20-december-2021/ average 45

They had delta aready.
This reports fewer cases - but it's proportionate to the number of tests! So who knows.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...covid-cases-fall-for-the-third-day/ar-AARZYAy

This article makes it look like the rest of the country is about to explode with cases.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...9-hospitalisations-fall-sharply-south-africa/

No reason why it shouldn't, really. Masks are leaky, people touch everything - they help a bit.

SA would have, I'd say, more people not bothering to test, or go to hospital, more with diabetes and other background illnesses. More inclined, once they've learned that for most people it's minor, to just ignore it. The hospital staff would get paid to go home, but they have a lot of workers without that protection.

The demographic is younger (I posted the graphs) but they do have old people in the vulnerable age groups. (peak delta morbidity decade 60-70 yr old). The proportions in the younger groups are higher than they had for delta. Nearly none of those are vaccinated.

I'm thinking that most of what we know for sure is that loads of people must have got it, and deaths aren't very high.

Last edited:
Having a go at some gross numbers:
Population Gauteng is 12.2M (inc Jo'burg 5.6M)
From their gov, https://www.nicd.ac.za/diseases-a-z...ts/daily-hospital-surveillance-datcov-report/
Peak hospitalization was 3161 for the WEEK (#49.)

That doesn't tie up obviously well with the little chart to the right of the weekly figures, 285 in ICU of 3480 in hospital
If you expect maybe 20% in ICU to die, that's around 56 - that does tie up with their average deaths numbers which haven't moved a lot..

These are REALLY SMALL numbers.

Last edited:
Trouble is when you can think for yourself and come up with stuff that blows their jab out of the water you end up with ‘insufficient privileges’ :LOL:.
Pathetic.

Ha -but it's YOU doing the thinking. :) .
When you come up with endless unsubstatiated, illogical and plain wrong junk I'm not very surprised they shut you up!

The jab has a lot about it that's not great but it's the best we've got and well worth having.

When you realise your potential for free thinking we’ll chat.

You claim you have "stuff that blows their jab out of the water", but you won't say what? You are just trolling and are now being called out by the mods for doing it.

This study says that if you contract covid following 2 doses of vaccine you gain a massive boost in antibodies - which is described as being like a super-immunity. It only works that way around though. You don't get the immunity boost if you have covid and then vaccine.

Maybe the vaccinated should all start throwing covid parties.

Well, I did do it the other way round, and didn't catch when my wife and one son caught it. That was before the booster, so that does make a lot of sense.

Sponsored Links
Back