Supply to LED under cupboard striplights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Found a similar question (//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/wiring-led-light-strips-into-lighting-circuit.318979/) but a bit too old to dig up I think!

I have a couple of cupboards which have spotlights underneath which need changing. The LED striplights would be ideal, either the 'tape' version or the pre-built units.

The spotlights were supplied directly from the lighting circuit on their own switch.

Are there any products suitable for connection directly where the old lights are removed or must a fused spur be fitted first (presumably to allow fusing down to 3A?) as discussed in the other thread ??

Hope the question makes sense...

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If already from lighting circuit which can't be larger than 16A and in the main only 6A because there are parts used in lighting circuits only rated 6A like the ceiling rose then it is unlikely you need a FCU to comply with regulations.

Sponsored Links
Yea threads tend do that unfortunately.

I've used that exact driver to do two sets of LED strip installs, it's a beauty of a driver. Multiple outputs so it's nice and easy to wire up.

If you're gonna go down that route though, you'll need to buy the bare strips, and then either solder onto it, or get the push on connectors, which sometimes work, sometimes don't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back