Suspending t8 battern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to know where can i can fittings to suspend a standard t8 battern from the ceiling?

The reason i want to do this is because its in a hallway where false ceiling titles are used. The light will be flush againest the false ceiling

Sponsored Links
I want to know where can i can fittings to suspend a standard t8 battern from the ceiling? The reason i want to do this is because its in a hallway where false ceiling titles are used.
Are you talking about a suspended ceiling with translucent tiles? If so, one of the main reasons people do that is so that they can attach lights (often fluorescent tubes) to the real ceiling, above the tiles, and thereby get an 'illuminated ceiling'.

Kind Regards, John

Attachments

• F0377414-01.jpg
    F0377414-01.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 105
Sponsored Links
Sounds like you want a pair of Britclips. https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/GCAC25.html

These are used to fix a fitting to the T Bar. If you were fixing heavy fittings, or lots of fittings, you should install supports from the main ceiling to take the weight independently from the ceiling. This could be jack chain, wire rope gripples, or threaded rod.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back