...TAXI..!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I read in the paper today that hard working and tired rozzers will be able to use free taxis to take them home from work in the event that they may be too tired to drive themselves.

Ahh diddums.

I'm as sure as poo stinks that there are hard working doctors, nurses, factory folk, construction workers, etc, that work hard too, ffs.

Wouldn't it be lovely to be afforded such 'cotton wool' protection.

I have nowt against rozzers but to assume that they are so beleaguered and overworked as to warrant a free taxi home. There are many hard working folk out there that are literally walking dead.
Where is their free taxi? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
They've already gone bust (if you'll pardon the expression) a couple of times owing local suppliers and employees thousands.

Each time, they reappear within a couple of months under a slightly different name, manage to buy the vehicles and membership database back from the administrators, and start trading again.

I think the local council want rid of them for that reason and are just trying various avenues to close down a cowboy(girl) firm.

I read in the paper today that hard working and tired rozzers will be able to use free taxis to take them home from work in the event that they may be too tired to drive themselves.

Ahh diddums.

I'm as sure as poo stinks that there are hard working doctors, nurses, factory folk, construction workers, etc, that work hard too, ffs.

Wouldn't it be lovely to be afforded such 'cotton wool' protection.

I have nowt against rozzers but to assume that they are so beleaguered and overworked as to warrant a free taxi home. There are many hard working folk out there that are literally walking dead.
Where is their free taxi? :rolleyes:
My wife who before she retired was a nurse, was seldom asked for her bus fare, if in uniform.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
wotan said:
My wife who before she retired was a nurse, was seldom asked for her bus fare, if in uniform.

I bet that was quite a while back - when drivers automatically stopped to let a hearse through and bank clerks didn't try to sell you life insurance. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Don't get me wrong. I have no desire whatsoever to return to the dark, dismal 50's - and the 60's weren't all that good either - but today's hurry-hurry, money-grubbing world occasionally gets right on my t*t ends!

Does that make me a sad old grumpy? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

but today's hurry-hurry, money-grubbing world occasionally gets right on my t*t ends!
Me too. In fact I was at work the other day and a lady had a bag of charcoal, lighting cubes and fluid. She asked me which was the best charcoal to buy. I told her the easy-light stuff, where you light the bag. She asked me if she needed the fluid and cubes if it was "easy light", so i told her honestly, no. I joked to her that i was doing myself out of a sale as she put the cubes and fluid back. So she voluntarily bought two bags of the easy-light to make up for it :D :LOL:

A couple of years ago, planning officers from a local council were visiting sites in taxi's - not the cheap knackered old merc's driven by a fat lazy moonlighting dole claimers, but proper black cabs.

And the BBC staff based at their city centre offices/studios had a similar taxi contract to ferry them home or just around the corner if it was raining.

Sponsored Links
Back