Teachers getting the vaccine....more important workers than them should get it first.

Sponsored Links
NHS staff being off sick means fewer people to treat anyone else. Checkout staff are important, but if they don't show up for their shift no one dies as a result.

My missus (10 years younger then me) has just had the vaccine. She works at a school.

Sponsored Links
Thread starter has already decided, seems to me. And, if it's not 'a thing' under consideration by the brains trust in London, then it's just trolling for an argument. My view as a retired teacher... there's a roll-out scheme. Stick to it.

Checkout staff are important, but if they don't show up for their shift no one dies as a result.

Same applies to teachers.
shop workers don't just sit at a till all day, they mix with hundreds of people, touching purchases the other people have handled etc.
So they can pass it onto the other older staff.

Lets vaccinate to 20+ year olds next, then they can all sod off to ibitha and let us have our country back :)

My wife's booked in for next week and she's 2 years younger than me, bastard. She keeps checking my phone every time it gives off a message alert and gets quite irate that it's just Toolstation saying 'your order is ready for collection'.
We've found out there's an nhs website where I can get a boking even though I haven't been messaged but I'll leave it for a couple of days as next week is tight. Cornwall are doing very very well.

A friends wife works in a school, she is tested twice a week. Surely it would be cheaper and more beneficial to vaccinate teachers and other school workers, as well as school children. I was vaccinated at school as a child, same should happen now.

Right now we're just doing NHS and care staff, and then the basis of 'how likely to die'. The NHS and car staff are to prevent people dying and because if they're vaccinated they're likely to infect fewer of their patients.

When we get to the under 50s it's a lot less important who gets vaccinated in what order.

I think they are giving it to those that have more chance of dying from it if they caught it. School children and 20 year olds aren’t dying in any great numbers, nowhere near the older generation are.

I think they are giving it to those that have more chance of dying from it if they caught it. School children and 20 year olds aren’t dying in any great numbers, nowhere near the older generation are.

Which is wise, given the vax does not stop transmission. If it did, I'd say get the workers and youngsters out there earning and learning.

Prioritising teachers would be a politically motivated decision based upon bolstering the UK economy. There are a lot of parents desperate to see their babysitters back at work so that they can get back to work.

Sprogs need their edumacation too.

Sponsored Links
Back