Teachers getting the vaccine....more important workers than them should get it first.

Teachers have been taking the pis s since march 2020.
I say, vax them , meet their demand and get them back to work.
They're a bunch of alcoholic stroppy lazy bast@rds and they claim to be heroes.
One of them told me that they are in the most dangerous profession in UK...
WTF!!!
Soldiers, emergency workers, sewage cleaners, police and everybody else is just a pussycat.
Be a hero, be a teacher!
What a load of boll@x!

Sponsored Links
My wife gets vaccinated tomorrow as she's a teacher (Special Needs).

As a parent the lockdown is not having a good effect on our two children and the sooner they can go back to school the better imho.

Seeing your 9 year old daughter in tears because she can't see her friends is heartbreaking. My lad is coping a bit better but it's going to ruin his last two years and exams.

I've personally worked through all of it but will wait my turn.

Sponsored Links
Teachers have been taking the pis s since march 2020.
I say, vax them , meet their demand and get them back to work.
They're a bunch of alcoholic stroppy lazy bast@rds and they claim to be heroes.
One of them told me that they are in the most dangerous profession in UK...
WTF!!!
Soldiers, emergency workers, sewage cleaners, police and everybody else is just a pussycat.
Be a hero, be a teacher!
What a load of boll@x!

My other half's a teacher - Year 1 (5-6 year olds).
She works in a school in Bootle (which pretty deprived area). She has 13 out of 29 kids in class every day, and is expected to provide a full curriculum for them. This is a mix of vulnerable kids (and some of their stories are just awful so they need to be in the safe environment of school) and the others are kids of 'key workers'...although most of them aren't true key workers (for example an administrative assistant for a bank is classed a key worker...even though they are working from home every day!).

My other half also has to set up lessons for children that have access to IT kit so they get a decent set of tasks to do each day. Each task has to be explained with a recorded video by her.

Separately she also has to set up a third set of resources/lessons for the children that don't/won't come in and do not have a computer. Those ones are getting paper stuff delivered to them at home. Again all the lessons, have to be written out/explained so the parents know what to do with their kids... many of the parents do none of it because they are either thick, or just don't give a crap... however, my missus still has to give them the opportunity to do it.

Basically she's having to come up with 3 sets of lessons to accommodate these 3 groups, which still being in class 8.45 - 3pm with the kids that are in school.

Since last March, her routine has been like this:

6am alarm goes off
7am send out daily activities to kids remote learning with IT
7.30am leave for school
8am prep class room for in-school kids
8.45am start teaching
3pm kiddies go home - marking in school work, pre-papers or mark papers for home kids without IT
6pm get home, have dinner
7pm start recording lessons and finding activities for home kids with IT, finish marking, plan activities for in school kids for next day, do other school admin, answer messages from parents (who message via class 'do-jo app' 24/7 and want instant response
10pm make lunch for next day, get ready for bed

At the weekend, she doesn't go to school obviously, but will work Saturday and Sunday for at least a few hours each day - just to catch up. Some weekend days it'll be all day.

She's not claiming to be a hero. She's not demanding a vaccine shot. She's got 6 hours a day in a room in close contact with 13 kids for extended periods (unlike shop workers), and those kids mostly have siblings in other classes and/or schools and they go home to their families. The indirect exposer to large numbers of people is pretty significant.

She is worried about the virus as she's been in hospital a few times with respiratory issues...but most of all she keeps on going because she cares about the kids in her class and wants them to not be disadvantaged by this whole shi t show.

Every situation is different I grant you, but tarring all teachers with comments like yours...and many of the others in this thread is ******.

Try and have a little respect for many people (not just teachers) doing difficult jobs in trying circumstances.

My other half's a teacher
My missus role is with those that don't make the cut in the classroom. Some of the stuff she is allowed to divulge to me is sickening. She deals with those that are at the tragic end of the spectrum.

Ok, some are just naughty but others are abused, raped, have alcoholic druggie mothers, living with abusive stepfathers, beaten by stepbrothers or sisters and all the while craving attention - as kids do. It's not pretty out there and things are going to get a lot uglier.

0/10 Fail.

See me after class.
"Ink for you at last" is my big event from junior school when I was one of last in the class to be allowed to use a scratchy pen and inkwell, to make matters worse, before I went to get my inkwell filled I blew out the debris and ended up with a blue face, happy days , not

My missus role is with those that don't make the cut in the classroom. Some of the stuff she is allowed to divulge to me is sickening. She deals with those that are at the tragic end of the spectrum.

Ok, some are just naughty but others are abused, raped, have alcoholic druggie mothers, living with abusive stepfathers, beaten by stepbrothers or sisters and all the while craving attention - as kids do. It's not pretty out there and things are going to get a lot uglier.
Agreed - some of the stuff these kids have to go through is just terrible. Even though my other half is in a mainstream school, many of those scenarios you mention are present.

Previously I would have thought with even a whiff of that sort of stuff the kids would be taken into care, but sadly the system doesn't work like that in many cases and these children a left in homes with these risks. School is the only safe place or structure some of them have.

You wouldn't think in this day in age in this country that these things could happen...

She works in a school in Bootle (which pretty deprived area). She has 13 out of 29 kids in class every day, and is expected to provide a full curriculum for them. This is a mix of vulnerable kids (and some of their stories are just awful so they need to be in the safe environment of school) and the others are kids of 'key workers'...although most of them aren't true key workers (for example an administrative assistant for a bank is classed a key worker...even though they are working from home every day!).

My other half also has to set up lessons for children that have access to IT kit so they get a decent set of tasks to do each day. Each task has to be explained with a recorded video by her.

Separately she also has to set up a third set of resources/lessons for the children that don't/won't come in and do not have a computer. Those ones are getting paper stuff delivered to them at home. Again all the lessons, have to be written out/explained so the parents know what to do with their kids... many of the parents do none of it because they are either thick, or just don't give a crap... however, my missus still has to give them the opportunity to do it.

Basically she's having to come up with 3 sets of lessons to accommodate these 3 groups, which still being in class 8.45 - 3pm with the kids that are in school.

6am alarm goes off
7.30am leave for school
8.45am start teaching
3pm kiddies go home - marking in school work, pre-papers or mark papers for home kids without IT
7pm start recording lessons and finding activities for home kids with IT, finish marking, plan activities for in school kids for next day, do other school admin, answer messages from parents (who message via class 'do-jo app' 24/7 and want instant response

At the weekend, she doesn't go to school obviously, but will work Saturday and Sunday for at least a few hours each day - just to catch up. Some weekend days it'll be all day.

She's not claiming to be a hero. She's not demanding a vaccine shot. She's got 6 hours a day in a room in close contact with 13 kids for extended periods (unlike shop workers), and those kids mostly have siblings in other classes and/or schools and they go home to their families. The indirect exposer to large numbers of people is pretty significant.

She is worried about the virus as she's been in hospital a few times with respiratory issues...but most of all she keeps on going because she cares about the kids in her class and wants them to not be disadvantaged by this whole shi t show.

Every situation is different I grant you, but tarring all teachers with comments like yours...and many of the others in this thread is ******.

Try and have a little respect for many people (not just teachers) doing difficult jobs in trying circumstances.

My cousin had a career in the railway.
He witnessed a person jumping in front of a train and in the many years he was employed he had to deal with dozens of suicides.
To these days, 10 years after retiring, he has nightmares.
Once I heard some family members telling him he was a hero.
He said this: "I chose to be in the railway. I knew from the start that there could be incidents and I had to deal with them. My choice, nothing heroic about it"

Translate this to the teaching profession.
When they decided to be in close contact with 30 children for 6 hours a day for a living, didn't they realise they could pick up some bugs from them???
Surprise, surprise...

Previously I would have thought with even a whiff of that sort of stuff the kids would be taken into care
Double edged sword. There is a massive stigma and a feeling of failure for the sprog, when going 'into care'.

All a child wants and needs is stability, routine, love and attention. They just wanna be like their mates. Sounds simple, lol.

My cousin had a career in the railway.
He witnessed a person jumping in front of a train and in the many years he was employed he had to deal with dozens of suicides.
To these days, 10 years after retiring, he has nightmares.
Once I heard some family members telling him he was a hero.
He said this: "I chose to be in the railway. I knew from the start that there could be incidents and I had to deal with them. My choice, nothing heroic about it"

Translate this to the teaching profession.
When they decided to be in close contact with 30 children for 6 hours a day for a living, didn't they realise they could pick up some bugs from them???
Surprise, surprise...

Other half's been a teacher for about 10 years... back then when she signed up there wasn't a pandemic where anyone could pass on a 'bug' that could kill you a lot easier than any other airborne 'bug' since the Spanish Flu

6am alarm goes off
7.30am leave for school
8.45am start teaching

You must be very proud of her, and rightly so.

Double edged sword. There is a massive stigma and a feeling of failure for the sprog, when going 'into care'.

All a child wants and needs is stability, routine, love and attention. They just wanna be like their mates. Sounds simple, lol.
Agreed... being taken into care is not a good outcome... but compared to the situations they are in otherwise its the lessor of two evils.

Sponsored Links
Back