Teachers getting the vaccine....more important workers than them should get it first.

Sponsored Links
I predicted in April that Lord Covid would've mutated so to make a boost jab needed every year.
And the pharmaceutical industry keeps raking money in...
Baah baah stupid sheep...

So tell me Johnny.....are the mutations not real?
Or did the pharmaceutical industry create them to make more money?

Why would the govt close down the whole country costing billions in order for the pharmas to make a much smaller amount of money.

Your arguments simply have zero logic

Some are, and are encouraged to be even more so by a left wing militant union.

I was a head and teacher for 30 years. I can count on my hands the number of times any member of my staff played the union card. Unions? Different animals, and certainly NOT representative of teachers in general. Lazy teachers/time servers? Of course, like every profession you can put a name on.

But for the hard of thinking, it's really not very hard to criticise people who, 'work 9 to 3 and get 12 weeks holiday'. That's the fallback position for viewing teachers when someone needs the blame.

So tell me Johnny.....are the mutations not real?
Or did the pharmaceutical industry create them to make more money?

Why would the govt close down the whole country costing billions in order for the pharmas to make a much smaller amount of money.

Your arguments simply have zero logic
Mutations are real in these kind of viruses and many others.
They knew this considering they make billions from the useless flu jab.
Government closed everything because they don't have the balls to say no to people like you.
If they didn't close and things went EXACTLY THE SAME WAY as they did, you'll be asking for them to be hunged.
So they made a political decision to cover their political arses.
By small amount you mean the 100s of billions that we will pay to these fat cats once they tell us how much this 95% effective vaccine costs???
95%...
That sounds a lot like survival rate of this Covid...

Sponsored Links
I was a head and teacher for 30 years. I can count on my hands the number of times any member of my staff played the union card. Unions? Different animals, and certainly NOT representative of teachers in general. Lazy teachers/time servers? Of course, like every profession you can put a name on.

But for the hard of thinking, it's really not very hard to criticise people who, 'work 9 to 3 and get 12 weeks holiday'. That's the fallback position for viewing teachers when someone needs the blame.

Great post (y)

but with 30 years experience and a most senior position in teaching, I'm surprised you don't know as much as plumbers and builders :D

OK, respect to you for that.
However, I stand by my assertion that some teachers are as I described.

Let's be clear on a couple of points. Throughout 12 months of on and off lockdown, the very mention of even the slightest possibility of schools re-opening has been met by hostility by teachers, egged on by the NUT. Hostility is probably an understatement, the Government has been accused of 'trying to kill both our children and teachers'.

Having bowed to the 'hard left' that teachers and their union appear to consist of, the govt has been systematically accused of 'stealing our children's education'.

The government can't win can they?

One of the most distressing things I read last year, more distressing than covid deaths to be honest, was children going back to school having to be toilet trained again after their isolation, and the sharp increase in child abuse. I know that this is the fault of parents rather than teachers, but it's a truly awful situation isn't it? and ultimately, it's down to the closure of schools.

Schools are due to re-open soon, let's see what the NUT and their members have to say nearer the time.

The Pandemic has taught me many things, it's tipped most of my values on their head, I look on the world very differently to the way I did 12 months ago.

One thing I have learned is to respect what some people call 'key workers', I prefer to think of them as working class salt of the earth, they do jobs that ordinarily earn little or no respect, but without them, society would collapse. I'm talking about bin men, shop workers, carers, delivery drivers.

Another category of people that deserve a mention are those who have lost their jobs or homes because of the loss of income, no 80% of income for them, (correct me if I'm wrong but aren't teachers on 100% for their year off).

In equal measure I've learned to disrespect and even despise some elements of society, the ones who are least affected but complain the loudest, the ones who have not suffered financially, maybe even benefitted from it.

Top of that list? Teachers and General Practitioners. Perhaps I'm what you describe as 'hard of thinking', but here's the thing mate, there's an awful lot of people who think the same way as me, I suspect none of us are members of the National Union of Teachers.

Wow, despising half a million teachers and 54,000 doctors at a stroke. I'm glad you thought it through. I bet you are one of those who feel they taught themselves how to read and count. You are, aren't you?

PS there is no National Union of Teachers. Mate.

One of the most distressing things I read last year, more distressing than covid deaths to be honest, was children going back to school having to be toilet trained again after their isolation, and the sharp increase in child abuse. I know that this is the fault of parents rather than teachers, but it's a truly awful situation isn't it? and ultimately, it's down to the closure of schools.
It's the closure of schools to blame for children needing toilet training?
What planet are you on?
Perhaps I'm what you describe as 'hard of thinking'
Given your comment above, I think that's a reasonable description.

(correct me if I'm wrong but aren't teachers on 100% for their year off).

Which teachers have had a year off? Most have been working all the way through - and all the teachers I know - have been needing to work much harder during lockdown than they would in a normal academic year. I don't believe any teachers in mainstream education (up to 18yo) have been furloughed.

As for the unions, I personally don't have any time for them, but equally why shouldn't anyone that's required to return to work demand safe working conditions? What you perceive as hostility is, in most cases, folks trying to understand the risks and how they can be mitigated. A perspex screen at a till might work for a shop worker, but doesn't really lend itself well to a classroom.

There has been numerous reports about how schools are safe for children as they are least likely to be affected seriously by covid... but this stance ignores/discounts those who are not children but are also in schools. Given there are many indications that the interaction of children at school has generated a significant contribution towards the spread of covid, why shouldn't those in that environment want their safety to be considered?

Councils (and ultimately government) are the employers of teachers, and thus have the same duty of care to their employees that Tesco has to a shop worker or the nhs has to a nurse.

Which teachers have had a year off? Most have been working all the way through - and all the teachers I know - have been needing to work much harder during lockdown than they would in a normal academic year.
Correct.

Filly reads (and actually believes) The Wail.:rolleyes:

There we go.
I was about to say that the lazy bunch of society were late at throwing in elf & safety, but of course... lupus in fabula...

There we go.
I was about to say that the lazy bunch of society were late at throwing in elf & safety, but of course... lupus in fabula...
Yep, according to you no one should care about their safety or those of people around them.

I guess you never wear gloves, steel toe cap boots, high vis or a hard hat on site because your such a tough nut

I guess you never wear gloves, steel toe cap boots, high vis or a hard hat on site because your such a tough nut
jonny2007 is full of bulls hit. He's a blagger and a chancer and his social ignorance is matched only by his lack of building knowledge.

He is best ignored.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back