Teachers getting the vaccine....more important workers than them should get it first.

Yep, according to you no one should care about their safety or those of people around them.

I guess you never wear gloves, steel toe cap boots, high vis or a hard hat on site because your such a tough nut
I always followed h&s and went beyond what was required.
But claiming h&s for an invisible bug just as an excuse to skyve is pure unionism.
And this comes from a very active union member.
As said, when they decided to make a living by being locked in a room with 30 children for 6 hours a day, didn't they realised that they were going to be exposed to some sort of illness???
Same as in my previous post, my friend worked for the railway and he accepted that he had to deal with suicides.
He didn't moan about it and didn't consider himself a hero.
Unlike some teachers.

Sponsored Links
IMO, the better option is to attempt to supress the virus equally across the globe, with the precise objective of reducing the potential for virus mutations.

I've heard people saying how disgusting we are, as a Country, and how our vaccines should have been shared. On the telly the other day when asked; 'who would volunteer to give their vaccine away?' more than half the people on the zoom thing put their hands up. (funny incidentally because minutes later they were all arguing whether teachers or checkout people should be next on the list)

It set me thinking though; there are something like 3.5 billion people in 130 low to middle income countries around the World. We've jabbed about 15 million people in 3 months, when we could easily have shared that out. On a Country by Country basis maybe, about a million or so jabs to each Country. Of course we'd have to make sure they get to the 'poor' people first. There some very naughty people in some of these 'poor' Countries, who might just sell them to the highest bidders. We'd better put a note on the box; "vaccines for very poor people only". That should do it. Oh, and don't forget to phone ahead to make sure the freezer is on, and to make sure the Countries set up a network of trained vaccinators. There we are, pandemic over.

It set me thinking though; there are something like 3.5 billion people in 130 low to middle income countries around the World. We've jabbed about 15 million people in 3 months, when we could easily have shared that out. On a Country by Country basis maybe, about a million or so jabs to each Country. Of course we'd have to make sure they get to the 'poor' people first. There some very naughty people in some of these 'poor' Countries, who might just sell them to the highest bidders. We'd better put a note on the box; "vaccines for very poor people only". That should do it. Oh, and don't forget to phone ahead to make sure the freezer is on, and to make sure the Countries set up a network of trained vaccinators. There we are, pandemic over.
It's sad when you resort to absurdity to disagree with a strategy.

Sometimes an absurd idea needs absurdity to show just how absurd it is.

Sponsored Links
I always followed h&s and went beyond what was required.
But claiming h&s for an invisible bug just as an excuse to skyve is pure unionism.
And this comes from a very active union member.
As said, when they decided to make a living by being locked in a room with 30 children for 6 hours a day, didn't they realised that they were going to be exposed to some sort of illness???
Same as in my previous post, my friend worked for the railway and he accepted that he had to deal with suicides.
He didn't moan about it and didn't consider himself a hero.
Unlike some teachers.
I read your previous post and it wasn't applicable then or now.

Apart from the random quote by you that one person you claim to know as a teacher is, in your view, is trying to portray themselves be a hero. No one else is making that statement...it's all in your head :confused:

If there was a break out of Ebola virus on your worksite would you say; "oh well I choose to work around other trades folks, so I must accept that I would be exposed to bugs". No you flipping well wouldn't... you'd be out of there like a shot. You'd then probably be down the pub claiming you were a hero for surviving it...

As noseall suggested, you're going on my ignore list now. Have a nice life!

There some very naughty people in some of these 'poor' Countries, who might just sell them to the highest bidders.
Bidders?

Interesting concept. How come our Tory party don't bother? Cronyism rules.

They're a bunch of alcoholic stroppy lazy bast@rds and they claim to be heroes.

So, we hate teacher now too? Great. What a happy bunch we are.

The reason to vaccinate teachers, and all support staff (which is usually another 50% or so) is simple - if we don't, the schools will have to close again. My kids' 2 schools had to shut because so many teachers and support staff caught it - the school could not run. This happened to many other schools, which is why the government chose to close them.

We could try to learn from our mistakes ... or we could just call teachers lazy alcoholics. One will keep schools open, the other will result in more people dying and more people complaining about government failure. Take your pick!

Anyway, teachers do so much more than educate our kids - they are the first line of care in many cases. They identify domestic child abuse and help protect kids, they help ensure children are fed properly so they can get the most from their education, and keeping schools open means more people can get back to work. Little point vaccinating other adult workers if they have to stay at home to look after the kids.

Personally, I think we can wait a little longer before opening schools. But definitely, we should vaccinate all school staff and have strict rules on who can enter schools - many outbreaks were caused by day visitors in my area, not by teachers bringing it in.

I read your previous post and it wasn't applicable then or now.

Apart from the random quote by you that one person you claim to know as a teacher is, in your view, is trying to portray themselves be a hero. No one else is making that statement...it's all in your head :confused:

If there was a break out of Ebola virus on your worksite would you say; "oh well I choose to work around other trades folks, so I must accept that I would be exposed to bugs". No you flipping well wouldn't... you'd be out of there like a shot. You'd then probably be down the pub claiming you were a hero for surviving it...

As noseall suggested, you're going on my ignore list now. Have a nice life!
Nosefuckall has been on my barred list for ages, so most times I don't see his nonsense.
Sometimes he manages to get through the filter, but fortunately it doesn't happen often.

Sometimes an absurd idea needs absurdity to show just how absurd it is.
When a safe and effective vaccine is found, COVAX (led by WHO, GAVI and CEPI) will facilitate the equitable access and distribution of these vaccines to protect people in all countries. People most at risk will be prioritized. While we work towards rolling out a safe and effective vaccine fairly, we must continue the essential public health actions to suppress transmission and reduce mortality.
https://www.who.int/emergencies/dis...d effective,transmission and reduce mortality.​

teachers do so much more than educate our kids - they are the first line of care in many cases. They identify domestic child abuse and help protect kids, they help ensure children are fed properly so they can get the most from their education
Blimey, where do you live???

If there was a break out of Ebola virus on your worksite would you say; "oh well I choose to work around other trades folks, so I must accept that I would be exposed to bugs".
Ebola...
Coronavirus...
Same severity?
I know which one I don't wanna catch.
I've never been a hero, I will never be.
Many people said I was for many things I have done, but they're all wrong.
I was in the right place at the right time and helped as much as I could same as most people would do.
I was lucky that things went well, that's not heroic.

When a safe and effective vaccine is found, COVAX (led by WHO, GAVI and CEPI) will facilitate the equitable access and distribution of these vaccines to protect people in all countries.

Let's hope they're better than Ursula.(y)

Ebola...
Coronavirus...
Same severity?
I know which one I don't wanna catch.
I've never been a hero, I will never be.
Many people said I was for many things I have done, but they're all wrong.
I was in the right place at the right time and helped as much as I could same as most people would do.
I was lucky that things went well, that's not heroic.
Ebola is much easier to deal with, depressingly. It's only infectious when you're symptomatic, the symptoms are quite obvious and distinct and the infection moves slowly enough to isolate. Plus you tend not to be in the mood to go out clubbing when you've got Ebola.

Which is why, despite the fact that Ebola kills something around 1 in 3 or more of the people who catch it, it hasn't killed a tiny fraction of Covid-19 which kills one in a hundred.

Covid is the tortoise to Ebolas hare.

Ebola is much easier to deal with, depressingly. It's only infectious when you're symptomatic, the symptoms are quite obvious and distinct and the infection moves slowly enough to isolate.

Which is why, despite the fact that Ebola kills something around 1 in 3 or more of the people who catch it, it hasn't killed a tiny fraction of Covid-19.

Covid is the tortoise to Ebolas hare.
Tell this to African people...

Sponsored Links
Back