Teachers getting the vaccine....more important workers than them should get it first.

Other half's been a teacher for about 10 years... back then when she signed up there wasn't a pandemic where anyone could pass on a 'bug' that could kill you a lot easier than any other airborne 'bug' since the Spanish Flu
Flu can and does kill thousands every year.
Of course not in the past 12 months because we have our Lord God Covid which kills people and by the look of it it's killed the flu as well.

Sponsored Links
Of course not in the past 12 months because we have our Lord God Covid which kills people and by the look of it it's killed the flu as well.

Lock downs, hand washing, social distancing, have vastly reduced the spread of Flu, which was to be expected.

Yep. Flu kills about 8k each year in the UK. Chances of a person of working age dying of the flu pretty low.

CV19 has killed 110k people in about a year in this country, and I'd bet you a pay packet that that the chances of dying from that, or having long term (unknown) affects from it, for a person of working age are a darn sight higher....

Sponsored Links
I think I just remembered why I tend not to post in the lion's den that is the 'General Discussions' board on here :LOL:

8K deaths a year from Flu,116k deaths over one year from Covid 19, you will notice the difference.
Cut that by 75% at least.
My cousin (not the same one of the railway) died of Covid accordingly to NHS.
Never mind 3 doctors diagnosed a heart attack and he was left to die like a dog.
Then we found he had died of Covid in his death certificate and when challenged the latest medical records had been misplaced.
Like this thousands of similar "covid related" deaths.
Have a look at the figures ONS from previous years for all different pathologies and you'll see that our Magnificent Lord the Greatest Covid has reduced all of them by an incredible amount.
Hung on though, you can only look at the ONS figures up to December because the government has barred them from more publications.
Too many people were clicking on the official ONS links and seeing from themselves so ONS doesn't do statistics anymore.
In Lord Covid we trust...

I think the most important thing that can be done right now is get everyone over 57 done, then possibly move onto anyone who has a job. We have to get the country back up to speed.

Try and have a little respect for many people (not just teachers) doing difficult jobs in trying circumstances.

Teachers are most certainly not lazy.

I know a school administrator who says it's been incredibly stressful period - daily govt email with constant changes being made.

Online learning is hard work for teachers...my wife teaches piano normally in school, she's found it takes far far longer with all the time setting up, lesson planning, contacting parents because little Johnny has forgotten.

I've heard teachers saying it's been an endless slog since March last year - with no breaks, even in summer.

And it won't end soon .....teachers will be the ones getting all the children back on course, filling all the learning gaps they've had.

Your wife, like all teachers deserves praise, not criticism.

to be fair perhaps 5-8% off all vaccinations will be fully ad hock where at the end off the day no shows or surplices will have to be reallocated to be used up??

now they will choose say a surgery or school or collection off people easily mobilised at the drop off a hat to use up the allocation in the most efficient way time allows or in a way there very tired bodies means its used and not wasted so they can get some well earned time at home after a 14hrs shift giving jabs

Last edited:
Teachers are most certainly not lazy.

Some are, and are encouraged to be even more so by a left wing militant union. It's refreshing to hear of people like Andys wife who I have the utmost respect for, but they're not all like that Notch. Let's see the union reaction now the schools are due to open again soon.

When they decided to be in close contact with 30 children for 6 hours a day for a living, didn't they realise they could pick up some bugs from them???

Surprise, surprise...
I would hazard a guess when many (most?) people pursue jobs and careers that involve public interaction, yes they might expect to pick up coughs and colds more than jobs and careers that are more solitary in nature. However I don't think 'global pandemic' would have crossed their minds.

People that do challenging things for a living of course sign up for that, however it doesn't mean they don't deserve recognition.

'Yeah he single handedly saved 5 people from certain death but hey, he's a fire fighter, it's what he signed up for. Some extra praise for his efforts? Nah ...'

I would hazard a guess when many (most?) people pursue jobs and careers that involve public interaction, yes they might expect to pick up coughs and colds more than jobs and careers that are more solitary in nature. However I don't think 'global pandemic' would have crossed their minds.

People that do challenging things for a living of course sign up for that, however it doesn't mean they don't deserve recognition.

'Yeah he single handedly saved 5 people from certain death but hey, he's a fire fighter, it's what he signed up for. Some extra praise for his efforts? Nah ...'
I saved 2 people lives when I was young having had cpr training as a lifeguard.
Am I a hero?
No!
I did what I signed up to do.
Get real: teaching is challenging and I could never do it, but it is not the most dangerous job in the world.
Far from it, it's one of the safest.
The unions are taking full advantage of the situation and teachers are understandably going along with it.

No doubt that I'll be accused of all sorts of silly things, but I thinks the strategy of trying to vaccinate a whole population of one country, ahead and in denial of other countries is an erroneous strategy.
Imagine the day when practically all of one island is vaccinated, but the virus is still raging everywhere else. Mutations will be rife, mutations that could be resistant to the vaccines, and the strategy of vaccinating one island may turn out to be a big mistake, a waste of time and effort.
IMO, the better option is to attempt to supress the virus equally across the globe, with the precise objective of reducing the potential for virus mutations.
This can be achieved with other measures alongside the vaccines. For sure, vaccinate in a priority order, as per the most vulnerable. But the ability to pay for, nor access to the vaccine, should not determine that priority order.

No doubt that I'll be accused of all sorts of silly things, but I thinks the strategy of trying to vaccinate a whole population of one country, ahead and in denial of other countries is an erroneous strategy.
Imagine the day when practically all of one island is vaccinated, but the virus is still raging everywhere else. Mutations will be rife, mutations that could be resistant to the vaccines, and the strategy of vaccinating one island may turn out to be a big mistake, a waste of time and effort.
IMO, the better option is to attempt to supress the virus equally across the globe, with the precise objective of reducing the potential for virus mutations.
This can be achieved with other measures alongside the vaccines. For sure, vaccinate in a priority order, as per the most vulnerable. But the ability to pay for, nor access to the vaccine, should not determine that priority order.
I predicted in April that Lord Covid would've mutated so to make a boost jab needed every year.
And the pharmaceutical industry keeps raking money in...
Baah baah stupid sheep...

Sponsored Links
Back