Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has already been covered but I need advice. Normanton Telecoms are planning on installing new ethernet cables to various properties throughout Normanton (West Yorkshire) and we need to know if we would need and what type of planning permission is required to dig up roads?

Also if anyone knows of any reliable roadwork providers - I would be most grateful.

Kind Regards

James

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has already been covered but I need advice. Normanton Telecoms are planning on installing new ethernet cables to various properties throughout Normanton (West Yorkshire) and we need to know if we would need and what type of planning permission is required to dig up roads?

Also if anyone knows of any reliable roadwork providers - I would be most grateful.

Kind Regards

James

Sorry but why do you believe you need to do something? Surely Normanton Telecoms will take care of everything in regards to work etc?

Sponsored Links
You need a "section 50 license", at the very least. Talk to the highways department at your local council.

As (according to your linkedin page)
Leading the largest internet based group in the UK
We are the UK's number one choice for home, business and enterprise telecom services

don't you have people to do that sort of thing for you? Like Openreach?

You need a "section 50 license", at the very least. Talk to the highways department at your local council.

Thank you for the advice - I'l contact them on Tuesday.

As (according to your linkedin page)

don't you have people to do that sort of thing for you? Like Openreach?

That defies the objective of Normanton 2020 - which aims at bringing cheaper broadband at faster speeds. We want to lay our own cabling meaning we set our prices.

So this thread is spam then?

No this is a valid question.

I think it's cluelessness. Young Mr White does only have two GCSEs after all.

I may well have only two GCSE's however I'm immensely proud of the fact that despite my ill health in the months leading up to my exams where at a point I was asked to leave the school - I still came out with 2 GCSE's.

I admire the entrepreneurial spirit though. Good luck, I say.

Thank you!

Thank's to everyone who replied - helpful or not you continue to help shape a better UK internet.

Peter Jones left school without many qualifications and he did OK from telecoms :)

James perhaps a quantity surveyor who has experience of the cable laying industry would be of help to you as regards tendering and selecting a contractor.

New Roads and Streetworks Act is necessary reading too I'd think. You cannot even put cones and signs out around works without a NRSWA qualification.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back