Terrible weather

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
It's been awful here today, sun beating down, unbearably hot, the car quite oppressive after it's been parked in the sun. Even sitting in the garden I needed shade.

How's it been for you?

Sponsored Links
Its crap growing weather. The ideal growing weather is two days of sun and one day of rain. Two weeks of sun and one week of rain isnt the same thing, it just made 20% of my red onions bolt. An allotment is a cruel Mistress..........

Sponsored Links
South coast. Not far from Portsmouth.

Every word is true

I feel sorry for those poor Northerners in Guildford and beyond.

I live in Horndean, and been working in Aldershot today.

Odd showers but really black clouds!!Looked like it was going to thunder all day.

Travelled from Liverpool to Chesterfield and it rained all the way, during the whole day, and all the way back again.
What should have been some beautiful scenic views were often shrouded in mist.
Sun started to come through about 6.00pm and just shed a few rays before going down over the horizon about 7.45pm

Been raining here in NI all day also.
As someone mentioned foreigners on the thread it reminded me why the foreigners I work with and those in the community are pushing out the locals.
A couple of the local guys who started with us last week on a six month project dropped their tools at 1am and walked off site leaving their saws, hammers etc strewn all over the place.
The site manager was furious to say the least.

Been raining here in NI all day also.
As someone mentioned foreigners on the thread it reminded me why the foreigners I work with and those in the community are pushing out the locals.
A couple of the local guys who started with us last week on a six month project dropped their tools at 1am and walked off site leaving their saws, hammers etc strewn all over the place.
The site manager was furious to say the least.

Blimey those local guys do work late :eek:

Its crap growing weather. The ideal growing weather is two days of sun and one day of rain. Two weeks of sun and one week of rain isnt the same thing, it just made 20% of my red onions bolt. An allotment is a cruel Mistress..........

Know what you mean, my brother-in-law says we need what he calls 'warm rain'. We've got very little grass up here in the Derbyshire hills.

oppressively hot again today

The pineapple tree is doing well, and the grapes look very healthy.

The weather down here in Devon as been quite good this week the only fly in the ointment is the persistent rain. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back