"Terrorist attack in Paris"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick to judge yes and as we now know incorrect to do so but also understandable due to the recent influx of terrorist stories over Europe was it not?
Funny how none of the agencies reporting that story came up with the same headline as Spuey.
Is it not understandable due to recent events?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
So what you are saying is that if any of the people in the links provided have foreign sounding names and are Muslims, then it is automatically a terrorist attack?

No, what I'm saying and I have said it before is that we are now seeing a new phenomenon whereby some muslims who have hitherto lived a completely westernised lifestyle become weapons for terrorists when they go gaga.
So this thread here and now is all about a mistake in it's title?

There was no mistake in the title.

Sponsored Links
The countering of terrorism can do without idiots like Spuey and his "mistakes".
Absolutely. There are many a view I do not share here but I also know that people make mistakes, and the headline was one.
I do think you may be fixating on one point which was a mistake. There's many views here that deserve more attention and effort!

There was no mistake in the title.
Not if you are just saying that some chap created terror.
But I think you know that on here, a title like that here leads someone to presume it was another ISIS lead terrorism attack.
It is semantics, I agree, but that's how it is on here on this forum!!

So why this thread? Just wanted to take the p**s right?
Just pointing out that that sort of behaviour does more harm than good when countering terrorism.
You can do that without starting another thread and supplying sarcastic links.
Was your thread helpful at all? I hope it made you feel better anyway, at least then it may have been worth it.

But I think you know that on here, a title like that here leads someone to presume it was another ISIS lead terrorism attack.
If ISIS are calling for lone wolf terrorist attacks all over Europe and if some disaffected or loony muslims are responding to that and carrying out such attacks then in my book they ARE terrorist attacks.
It doesn't matter whether the attackers involved have been trained or not, the people they kill are just as dead.

If ISIS are calling for lone wolf terrorist attacks all over Europe and if some disaffected or loony muslims are responding to that and carrying out such attacks then in my book they ARE terrorist attacks.
It doesn't matter whether the attackers involved have been trained or not, the people they kill are just as dead.
Was the man in question in connection to ISIS?

You can do that without starting another thread and supplying sarcastic links.
A new thread will garner more attention than a tired old one with pages of dross to wade through.

Was your thread helpful at all?
Unlikely, unless the RWR realise that what they are doing is bolstering terrorism and not countering it.

I hope it made you feel better anyway, at least then it may have been worth it.
I give as good as I get. I know that by going against the (RWR) grain that a few feathers will be ruffled. I don't mind rocking the boat. Beats following the mob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back