Tesco vouchers

H

holmslaw

Did you know that Tesco vouchers are valid for 2 years, go to the clubcard site for dowhloading instructions.

I did it yesterday and got £58.50, better than a poke in the eye, innit.

Sponsored Links
I let some exceed the 'used by' date last year so keep on top of it now.
But probably as you did got a copy Martins money tips yesterday & checked mine, I found £18 that I didnt know about, could have been lost in the post.
As you say 'better than a poke in the eye'.

My local Morrisons, were doing a voucher promotion, spend over sixty pounds in store and receive a voucher entitling you to eight pence a litre off fuel.
Sounds great, a week later we got another voucher after having spent over sixty pounds again, both times the shopping was paid for using debit card.
Off to the petrol pumps, filled the car up, over eighty five pounds worth of fuel,
went to kiosk and presented both vouchers, only to be told I could use one voucher per fill up, where is the logic in that, spend over a hundred and twenty pounds in store, checkable by debit card being the same.
Shoddy treatment from Morrisons or am I expecting too much.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Expecting too much.
T&Cs on the deal.

The supermarkets suffer fraud on vouchers so limiting per transaction gives them some protection.

You can use one voucher per transaction.

So you could have half filled and got 8p per litre off, then drove back through the forecourt and completed and got the 8p per litre off that.

You are quite correct, I never thought of that aspect, too honest.

Wotan
One of the big 4 is currently investigating a case of voucher fraud worth upwards of £3 mill. And that is just one case so shows how much they may be open to.

edited typo.

Perhaps I'm not quite understanding this but wouldn't just one voucher entitle you to 8p off every litre of your £85 worth of fuel or were you hoping for 16p off the price?

Perhaps I'm not quite understanding this but wouldn't just one voucher entitle you to 8p off every litre of your £85 worth of fuel or were you hoping for 16p off the price?
I would be expecting 16p. The Tesco deal allowed 3 x £0.05p so 15p per litre was a good deal, the Tesco deals are to be used by date, usually about 2 weeks after you get them.
Also take 2 cars (if you have 2) & fill them both

I would be expecting 16p. The Tesco deal allowed 3 x £0.05p so 15p per litre was a good deal, the Tesco deals are to be used by date, usually about 2 weeks after you get them.
Also take 2 cars (if you have 2) & fill them both
I was anticipating 8 pence off every litre not double, it was more of the inconvenience factor, that having filled the car to the brim, they would only accept one voucher.

Wotan

wotan....if it was 8p off every litre then that's what you should have received,
without any need for two vouchers :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back