Texecom Alarm with Quad PIR’s

I set this PIR to low sensitivity today and didn’t notice any difference on the Walk Test. It triggered pretty much upon entry into the room in both instances. If I had wave my arms around, this also had the same effect on both settings.

Perhaps it’s due to the size of the room? Approximately, 3m x 4m.

Will this (Low sensitivity) have a more discernible effect with the heat situation and creepy crawlies?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Just in case I got the setting wrong!
I removed the jumper in this picture and slid it on to the two pins on the left.
Apologies for not taking a picture after making the change.

Attachments

• BA493B7E-02D5-41B9-88E3-336401F9AAA5.png
    BA493B7E-02D5-41B9-88E3-336401F9AAA5.png
    1 MB · Views: 45
Sponsored Links
sensors have a range usually of 12 to 15m so 3m is no distance
I thought that may be why I’m not seeing much difference after the change in sensitivity level - when tested through a Walk Test.

Is the difference more marked when it comes to high temperature (or temperature change) or the ability to ignore creepy crawlies around the PIR?

Can someone please provide a steer on the above. I wanted to understand how and where this sensitivity change will make a difference. Based on this, I may need to replicate across other PIR's. Thanks again.

Can someone please provide a steer on the above. I wanted to understand how and where this sensitivity change will make a difference. Based on this, I may need to replicate across other PIR's. Thanks again.

I don't claim to be an expert on the Pyronix PIRs but i'm guessing something like this; the high setting will probably be the equivalent of pulse count 1, the low setting is probably equivalent to something like pulse count 3. The auto setting will probably switch between the two depending on the ambient temperature (this is called temperature compensation) In basic terms, pulse count is the number of pulses of high infrared energy that a PIR sensor needs to see within a fixed time period to cause an alarm.

Your best bet is to set them all to low, place the panel in walk test, vacate the rooms with PIRs in them for 10 minutes or so (some wired PIRs will go less sensitive after a period of inactivity) then walk back into each room in turn and see how the detectors respond.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back