Texecom Com 1 Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve seen a few posts from people with similar issues but I can’t find any which have solved this so thought I’d start a new thread.

I’ve got a premier elite 12 and keep getting the system alerts flashing up on the keypad with a com 1 fault (fitted with comip module). When I clear the fault, it doesn’t return straight away but it’ll be back again within 24hrs.

I have no problem connecting to the panel with the app, and I’ve checked my router logs to see if it has gone offline at all which it hasn’t so I don’t believe there are any connection issues.

I keep increasing the poll ip time in global system timers and turned off monitor ATS path faults

I’m wondering if anyone has actually managed to solve this? I’d be happy even if there is a way to just turn of the error message altogether

Cheers
DJH

Sponsored Links
The problem with the app using a. Com ip is it can only do 1 way coms at a time. Hence the smart com was released so there was a connection channel for the app and an outgoing channel for notifications.

Can’t comment beyond that as don’t know how it’s set up and version of the panel

The problem with the app using a. Com ip is it can only do 1 way coms at a time. Hence the smart com was released so there was a connection channel for the app and an outgoing channel for notifications.

Can’t comment beyond that as don’t know how it’s set up and version of the panel
I’ll try attach a screenshot of my panel details.

I work from home pretty much all the time so as I’m here most of the time the alarm doesn’t often get set these days and it will still come up with the com 1 error. I understand what you’re saying about the com ip only doing one way comms but as I’m home most the time it might be months between opening up the app so it can’t be that causing the error surely?

Cheers

Attachments

• A62A486C-B708-41D9-9BAB-4DDECA075690.png
    A62A486C-B708-41D9-9BAB-4DDECA075690.png
    139.3 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
The com ip polls every 15 minutes I think (would have to check the poll timer), so even when there is nothing happening with the alarm it is still regularly sending out data.

It is probably easier to flash the panel up and add a smart com.

COIM IP's still have value as they are used for coms to home automation systems and used as a dedicated channel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back