Texecom Connect App - Can no longer log in

HSY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had logged onto the Texecom connect app earlier on and it had randomly prompted me that that time had gone out of sync and it wanted to resync. I hit yes which started a sync process, it then crashed. Now, whenever I try log in, I just get an infinite spinner when typing in my panel code to login. It is definitely connected as I get an error if I do an invalid passcode and I still get notifications when something happens through the keypad, and the system is behaving like normal. Things I've tried:

1. Re-log in
2. Re-installed app
3. Different phone
4. Different account
5. Removing site and re-adding site by generating a new code on the keypad.

Has this happened to anybody and how did they fix it if so? I'd ideally like to fix this myself if possible, rather than calling the alarm company and incurring a potential cost.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
What version of app you on.
What version is your smart com
What leds are showing on smart com
Do you have access to a cloud account
Do you have app on any other device

V2 (2.0.24)
Unsure how to check the SmartCom version but I remember it being 3. something from the app
The first 2 LEDs on solid. (Cloud and Wi-Fi I believe)
No
Typically no but I tried installing the app on my partner's phone but same issue

Cant be certain of recovery but I would attempt the following.

1. clear cache and storage from app
2. delete app
3. power cycle phone
4. download app and setup from scratch.

NOTE V2 normally requires access to the cloud account to setup.
however as it is already setup it should work when you sign in with your email address and password.

Then your panel user code.

if it comes up with an error at the email address level request a reset from the app

Sponsored Links
Followed your steps but unfortunately the same thing still happens. I can login fine and I still get notifications/can verify my panel code but it just won't login (stuck on a spinner).

I don't have access to the cloud but I am assuming the company that installed it can access my panel through the cloud as they had to enter some of their details when setting it up.

Do you have any other suggestions or am I best to contact the installer?

Check your internet connection on smart device. If your in app and its spinning.

I'm almost certain internet is fine both sides. All other apps are working and if I arm the system, I get a notification.

Interestingly, I tried again and just left it and after 10-15 minutes I get a vague error that I've attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220115-210319_Texecom.jpg
    Screenshot_20220115-210319_Texecom.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 356
Interesting! Sounds exactly like my issue so maybe an issue their end and maybe the panel re-sync was a red herring. Is there any more info from Texecom that you can see (they said they applied a fix but clearly not working for me)? Would it be worth me trying to register to that forum or contact Texecom or would they only accept/deal with registered installers (which I am not).

Unfortunately don't have access to the Texecom forum these days. If the fix has been applied and it still isn't working then you should contact Texecom directly for instruction/ resolution.

Non of my customers have reported issues so far, nor have the units in the office showed this issue to date. (tempting fate)

Some did experience issues with the roll out of the mandatory upgrade of the smart com before Christmas, although a reboot of the smart com resolved these and one was an ip conflict of a control 4 integration by another party, as to why it showed up after the upgrade is unclear as the control 4 engineer confirmed no changes had been made. He confirmed the ip address and I was able to ensure the system was not in conflict and the system was functioning once again. The systems however were having different symptoms to the situation you describe.

You may need to generate an app code from the keypad for texecom to investigate due to current app not functioning. In this case remember codes are valid for 60 minutes only, so you should generate one was you have got through.

Last edited:
a power cycle of the smart com may be worth trying before you contact Texecom.

This can be done in several ways, mains power off to panel and battery power, battery power back on and mains power back.

or unplugging the cable that comes from the panel and fits into the smart com.
Leaving 20 seconds and plugging it back in and allow the smart com to reboot fully.

If that doesn't work then its contacting Texecom/ your installer to contact Texecom upon your behalf.

Apologies for delay in replying. The power cycle didn't seem to achieve anything. It booted up normal and back to the 2 lights but still no joy. Would you recommend talking to the company who installed it or just going direct to Texecom? Unsure if my installer would try and charge me although it is still under warranty (3 month old system) so hopefully not. Alternatively I can just ring the Texecom Tech Support directly.

Installer first if it’s 3 months old there should be no charge …..UNLESS it’s something you have done !

The installer will have to contact Texecom I suspect and its probably easier for the installer to deal with Texecom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back