Texecom Connect

best thing is to visit the Texecom forums, but here goes.

• When upgrading the firmware to v4 will I lose my current settings? Yes, any ricochet devices its recommend to delete and relearn

• Can I get free APNS notifications instead of charged SMS for my alarm notifications? push notifications are sent.

• Is it possible to get notifications of batteries going flat - currently the first I know of this is when a battery has gone flat and the system reports a fault rendering it unusable until the battery is replaced! you can select to have a full suite of notifications, this is probably covered under maintenance but would need to look up the reporting codes to verify.

• Using the smarthub can I connect to Wintex and Ricochet over wifi? The smart hub is effectively the smart com with a few extras, the smart com can already do this and use the Texecom smart plug.

• Can I enable/disable the alarm from the mobile app and if so can i do that from a remote location? Yes and Yes, access to internet connection required.

• Any recommendations for IP cameras that are compatible with the texecom system, will any IP camera work? I'm actually sure if cameras will integrate the system now or if thats a future enhancement yet to come. In theory any CCTV with an internet connection can be used, the issue is the commands lines used will vary. So for example, the command to an NVR access of camaer may be different to a DVR, may be different to an ip camera on the network, and it will vary for each manufacturer, so you will need to find the correct command line required.

Sponsored Links
The smart hub, is a smart com with extra bits added to it, the exact shape it will take we don't know for certain as yet, those with a smart com will see various parts in the smart com that are in populated and I suspect these will be populated in the smart hub I suspect but don't know for certain.

That’s great, thanks for this information. Think I’ll just wait until the Smart hub is released and save updating the system twice.

Hi,

I have installed the Smartcom to my existing premier elite 24. i have installed the app on my one plus 5 Android phone and can see the sensors under each room turn red when movement is detected. however I am struggling to set/unset the alarm via the app and also i am not receiving push notifications even though i have set 'receive alerts' and 'receive emails' to on within the app.

Is there a way to setup wintex to connect over wifi. I see various options within wintex that refer to smartcom but so far i am unable to connect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Sponsored Links
create an app code open wintex, connect via smart com need latest version of wintex and some versions of windows cant run it think its vista and below but would have to check,.

Make sure notifications are enabled on your phone settings for the Texecom Connect App.

create an app code open wintex, connect via smart com need latest version of wintex and some versions of windows cant run it think its vista and below but would have to check,.

Hi, just tried this but wont connect via Wintex. Do i need to change any setting within Wintex?

thanks

I am running what i thought was the latest version of Wintex which is 6.2.5.2. Am i right in thinking it needs to be 6.3? Does anyone know where i can get it from?

thanks

found and updated to latest version. now connected to Wintex via smartcom.

thanks

best thing is to visit the Texecom forums, but here goes.

• When upgrading the firmware to v4 will I lose my current settings? Yes, any ricochet devices its recommend to delete and relearn

Hi, my current premier elite 24 is running v2.01 so this is the bit that worries me. Will I lose ALL my config, i.e. Zones, Zone attributes, etc? If so, is it possible to back it up via Wintex and restore to the new firmware version after flashing? Should I upgrade directly from 2.01 to the latest 4.x? If it goes wrong can I flash back to v2.01 and restore all my config?

I've not flashed an update before so I'll be purchasing a USB-com, Flash Interface PCB as well as the Smart com. Is there anything else I'd need?

Any advice on the flashing process would be appreciated as although I'm confident in changing my current config via the keypads, I've not used Wintex before, nor have I configured the panel from scratch and really want to avoid doing that if at all possible.

Thanks

you can download and save a wintex profile so you have all the current settings saved, you will need the latest version of Wintex and ricochet monitor, plus the flasher software.

You can put the profile back into the upgraded panel, but its probably easier to copy the settings from the saved profile into a new one for version 4 and relearn any wireless devices.

If you have a ricochet expander, you may want to bear in mind that the expander version should be checked if you plan on adding any of the more recent wireless devices to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back