Texecom Exodus - Smoke/Fire Detectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Looking at getting the above and installing it...

Never done anything like that before regarding this product. How is it setup ? is it wired to a zone on the panel ? how is it setup ? is it always armed/set ?

Any information greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
the wireless ones have built in speakers and they can all be triggered on the one alarm event so they all blare out.

The hard wired ones do not have speakers, so you may want additional sounders in the home if you want to hear a fire event.

as for wiring, there 6 terminals in the shallow base, you can wire normally closed/double pole or you can wire using resistors.

You also need to turn on unarmed fire coms so the fire will sound even when its unset.

The most important thing is to get the correct smoke head for the environment its going to be used in.

Thanks for your reply I will definitely consider your advice!

Never touched these before so will be interesting if I go down this route!

Don't think unarmed Fire comms is anything to do with it sounding .... Only text messages/ other comms , you may have to enable fire sounds from speakers !

Sponsored Links
wireless do wired not in the exhodus.

if unarmed fire coms isn't turned on you will not fire tones unless the area the device is on is armed, at default the all the tones are on all devices for Area A.

I will check an old system in a minute and a new one and tell you the outcome to confirm, but I am sure that has been the case for many many years.

well done some test and had some interesting results, it made no difference turning off and on unarmed firecoms (except coms and external sounder, except on a new panel, and if the sounds didn't fire when it was unarmed turning it on made them work, but you could then turn them off again (quirk).

The only reason I flagged it was the very first time I installed exodus smokes on a 48 they wouldn't sound when it wasn't armed, spoke to technical, turned it on in area options and it worked, it also sounds the external with that on.

If it doesn't then turn it on, if it does don't worry about it unless you want it to ring outside bell/ send coms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back