Texecom Smartcom Tamper Alert

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Been using these forums as a guest for quite a while and really appreciate all the advice.

I have a Texecom Premier Elite System (64-w) installed and triggered a tamper alert from the Smartcom unit as I opened the cover whilst rerouting the ethernet cable and not being logged in in engineer mode. I silenced the internal alarm using the master user code and then tried to reset the tamper alert by logging in the with engineer code for the system after the lid was closed up, but this did not clear the tamper alert.

I then tried repowering the the Smartcom unit with the tamper circuit closed (whilst being logged in in engineer mode). The Smartcom unit seems to be receiving power now (previously no lights were on); however I cannot seem to clear the Smartcom Tamper System Alert that is showing on the keypad.

The system is all wireless (PIRs and contact sensors) other than the keypad and Smartcom which are both hardwired. All of the wireless zones are showing as secure, but zones 001 to 008 are in tamper.

I have not tried connecting the Smartcom unit back up to the cloud yet as I wasn't sure if I needed to clear the Tamper Alert first.

Would anyone be able to advise how I can clear this fault/Tamper alert from the system?

Many Thanks!

Sponsored Links
The tamper fault should be resettable once the smart com has been put back together properly.

As for the panel zone tampers, this sounds like a recent set up and that the zones that are not used zones 1 to 8 are not programmed as not used.

versions of panel and smart com would be useful

Thank you for such a quick response. I have recently moved into a New Build where the builder installed the alarm system and I was given a quick tour of the system and left with the various access codes (Master and Engineers).

The system was working without any issues before I opened the Smartcom unit.

For the Smartcom, I have ensured that the power cable is correctly seated, ethernet cable connected and that I hear the spring by the tamper switch click when the lid is closed - followed by tightening up the screw. Am I missing any steps when closing it back up?

Do I need to do anything on the keypad to reset the Smartcom unit or clear the tamper alert?

I have gone into the zone setup options on the keypad whilst in engineer mode and Zone 1 to 8 are currently showing as not used.

Panel: Elite 64 - SW V5.04.01LS1
Smartcom Version - 03.00.20

The firnware is upto date.

login in via keypad with engineers code and back out again should clear the fault or get assistance on the Texecom forum.

if your still struggling then you my need to get an alarm engineer to have a look, its relatively simple if you have the engineers code to clear the tampers unless they exist when you log out of engineering

Sponsored Links
OK thank you, I will try that again and if not call out an alarm engineer.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back