Thanks, Johnson

Sponsored Links
Does seem miserly, how is it compared to your pay rise ?
I only got an extra £14k (SEIS) in my pay packet. Mind you, I haven't been working tirelessly to save lives over the last 13 months or so. What does 1% equate to in any case? Are they worth it? What price to you put on a human life, Hate?

Sponsored Links
I've been working throughout both lockdowns and looking after my child.

I'm seen as a key working as I help keep the country's critical infrastructure up and running.

I'm not getting any pay rise, not even the miserly 1%

We all know how important nurses are but so are the rest of hospital staff... There is a realisation now how important bin men, delivery drivers, cleaners are Those working in the food industry, those working in super markets. . (I've always known this)
The police , firemen, Plumbers, Electricians
Water Hygiene engineers. And so much more.... what singles out the Nurses for a pay rise for doing their job.
Most nurses are brilliant and do a good job. But through all this they have been paid a wage with good pension benefits and sick pay.

There's people out there who have struggled financially, with their mental health and having to home school their kids.

Some don't have jobs anymore some don't know if they have jobs.
There's not many jobs more secure than a Nurses job.

We all know how important nurses are but so are the rest of hospital staff... There is a realisation now how important bin men, delivery drivers, cleaners are Those working in the food industry, those working in super markets. . (I've always known this)
Lots of front line workers were regularly exposed to infection such as supermarket checkout workers, cleaners and other categories etc

Last edited by a moderator:
I've no idea how much a nurse earns, it probably varies from trust to trust. One thing they could do for nurses is give them a one off payment of , say, £500 if they take up the offer of the covid vaccines. Not sure if they have been offered a vaccine, but they should do as an advertisement to others.

1% pay rise which is a proposal amounts to approx half a billion pounds if implemented across the NHS

afaik a nurse is on 34 grand a year ???

the fact is, there is not much left in the kitty ,
Is that because Bozza spaffed it on dubious contracts making his buddies super rich? Funny thing is we have heard this before, then hey presto! the money magically grows on the money tree when it suits the Tories.

Sponsored Links
Back