Thanks, Johnson

Could you provide evidence of what you claim notch.
Not saying I don’t believe you but you’re not very good at stating facts as other threads have shown.

Sponsored Links
You think the nurses should be grateful?

I'm grateful for all those nurses who looked after me.

When I got home I was really grateful to the bin men.

I took my first walk a couple of weeks back..
A bus went by, I gave him a thumbs up.

Only this week I visited Halfords to buy a bike for my Youngest. Once served I did a Bradley Walsh Hi five with the young lad who served me. And again to the lad who carried the bike to the van.

When we had an Asda delivery I tapped my bum to show I cared to the delivery man.

Together we are 1 together we are united.

1% pay rise which is a proposal amounts to approx half a billion pounds if implemented across the NHS

afaik a nurse is on 34 grand a year ???
The RCN are asking for .........12.5%. Now come on!

The RCN are asking for .........12.5%. Now come on!

No, their last 3 year pay deal averaged out at 12.5% over 3 years, that's renewable now which is 1% for the next year, I think that's fair, they don't. Some are suggesting 3% is fair for a year, I think even that's too much in the circumstances.

A favourite line of certain elements of the public sector is 'I work for peanuts because I'm dedicated, it's a vocation, I do it for love, I could go into the private sector and earn ten times what I do now'.

I can only suggest they follow their own advice, they will be in for a rude awakening.

Sponsored Links
Can we even afford the NHS any more

No, we can't when the government don't find it. But we can afford to pay private companies more...

What happened to the extra £350 million the Tories were going to give the NHS each week? Oh, they gave it to their chums instead. Sorry nurses, maybe next year.

Some are suggesting 3% is fair for a year, I think even that's too much in the circumstances.

Boris encouraged the nation to stand on their doorsteps clapping the brave workers who risked their lives to help the rest of us.

To Boris the clap may seem like a fair reward. It's all he deserves.

"MPs get 8 pay rises in 10 years while nurses salaries are slashed
Average pay for all nurses - regardless of which salary category they fall into - has fallen by 7.4 per cent since 2010."

In 2010, an MP’s annual salary was £65,738. It stayed at the same level until 2013 – when it rose to £66,396. It has climbed steadily since then and, in April this year (2020), was hiked by an inflation-busting 3.1 per cent – meaning MPs now earn £81,932 per year."

And claims for expenses have again gone up because they are 'working' from home.
No meetings with their electorate of course but main office 'expenses' remain.

Meanwhile most nurses are now expected to spend far more (and more time) on such things as washing their own uniforms more regularly for the same measly tax relief (average £140).

Boris encouraged the nation to stand on their doorsteps clapping the brave workers who risked their lives to help the rest of us.

The 'clap' may be coming back...

"The British public is being urged to join a mass slow handclap on Thursday evening in protest against the government’s proposed 1 per cent pay rise for NHS staff.
Unison has announced the plan to mark opposition to the “insulting” size of the planned increase for health service staff – which has sparked a furious backlash since it emerged from chancellor Rishi Sunak’s Budget.
The organisation, which is the largest union in the UK, said people should stand on their doorsteps and balconies on 11 March at 8pm to show what they think about the “derisory” wage plan."

I would have thought a mass emptying of bedpans at every tory 'office' would be more appropriate...

But then of course their stasi would demand a valid 'travel permit'!

Dominic Cummings got a £40,000 pay rise.

Wasn't that for all essential workers?

As a plumber, and I think I'm talking on behalf of all plumbers who served the public in their hour of need....

THANK YOU FOR THE CLAPS.

MPs get 8 pay rises in 10 years while nurses salaries are slashed
Average pay for all nurses - regardless of which salary category they fall into - has fallen by 7.4 per cent since 2010."

In 2010, an MP’s annual salary was £65,738. It stayed at the same level until 2013 – when it rose to £66,396. It has climbed steadily since then and, in April this year (2020), was hiked by an inflation-busting 3.1 per cent – meaning MPs now earn £81,932 per

Totally with you. The fuçkers are hypoçrites. Those opposed should have turned them down

I see the nation's chief Buffoon says the country can't afford more than 1%

This will make the inevitable U-turn more embarrassing.

"Prime Minister Boris Johnson has defended plans to give some NHS staff in England a 1% pay rise, amid warnings that "undervalued" nurses could quit.

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "tough times" of the Covid pandemic, Mr Johnson said.

The rise, which is being considered by an independent panel, would cover most hospital staff.

Labour says the proposal goes against a government "promise" made last year to give NHS workers a 2.1% pay rise."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56313199

Where has all the money gone?

"Poll shows public think privatised Covid test-and-trace system has failed as cost tops £37 billion"
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/covid-test-and-trace-failed-b1813165.html

Speaking of which, how much have friends, neighbours and business associates of top tories made? What was so special about Hancock's neighbour, the pub landlord?

Sponsored Links
Back