The Biased Broadcasting Cretins are digging their own grave.

Sponsored Links
It needs to be independent in terms of views, not pushing this agenda or that.

Just what agenda are they pushing? What you mean really is that people and organisations get into the news and you don't like them. The answer to that is tough they don't just reflect your opinion or any one else's particular agenda. They report news. Some people get into the news to push some agenda. That's what a lot of news is especially in the political area. You might not BLM but it exists. You might not like some types of sexual preference but they exist. You might not like Hamilton in relationship to BLM but all of F1 are supporting it so if they interview some one who do think they should pick? Laws that crop up in these areas - they didn't make them. Some rather small group take down a statue and egg on a few of a crowd. They are called Talking Statues. At least they mentioned that but were you listening? They have been mentioned several times.

LOL Maybe we should have alternate parties in power every 3 months then people would realise there is no political bias. If some one in power generates news tough. That's how it works and it is often bad news.

they should give pensioners their TV license back, i'm sure with a few tweaks to budgets this can be achieved.

It was not the BBC that decided to end free TV licences for the elderly.

It was the Conservative Government.

It was not the BBC that decided to end free TV licences for the elderly.

It was the Conservative Government.
Indeed it was by George Osborne forcing the BBC to shoulder the cost
The BBC will shoulder the cost of providing free television licences for people aged over 75 in a surprise deal that will cost it £750m by 2020, almost a fifth of the corporation’s current annual income.

Cuts to the BBC would threaten the whole TV industry, says Pact chair
Read more

In return for the BBC’s agreement to finance part of the welfare spending cuts, the government promised to allow the £145.50 licence fee to increase in line with inflation and close a loophole caused by the increased use of on-demand television.

Describing the settlement, agreed over a week’s secret negotiations that came before the budget due on Wednesday, George Osborne said that “as a publicly funded body, it is right that [the BBC], like other parts of the public sector, should make savings”.

Sponsored Links
Just what agenda are they pushing?!
I consider myself to be open-minded. I don't care what is mentioned in the news, as long as it is reported in a fair, unbiased way, without any political lean one way or the other.
Traditionally, the BBC has been left-leaning, but these days it seems they are more to the right, avoiding being critical of the current Government.

Why they can't be more down the middle, I don't know.

I consider The Indy the best paper in terms of trying to be independent. They're not perfect, but they're close.

Why the BBC can't be the same, I don't know now.

I consider myself to be open-minded. I don't care what is mentioned in the news, as long as it is reported in a fair, unbiased way, without any political lean one way or the other.
Traditionally, the BBC has been left-leaning, but these days it seems they are more to the right, avoiding being critical of the current Government.

Why they can't be more down the middle, I don't know.

I consider The Indy the best paper in terms of trying to be independent. They're not perfect, but they're close.

Why the BBC can't be the same, I don't know now.
Thats your slant on things, I have never noticed a bias and no one has ever come up with any proof

They are biased against what they consider unacceptable opinion - and they only seem to employ people who agree with them.

Listen to any phone-in and note the ones who get cut off.

Of course, you might agree with the BBC and not think anything of it.

Last edited:
Has Lawrence Fox been on Question Time since the carefully selected audience member caused the fuss?

When was the last time Peter Hitchens was on the programme, compared to the frequency before covid, or any other BBC programme?

Listen to any phone-in and note the ones who get cut off.

Off course, you might agree with the BBC and not think anything of it.

Good grief do you only listen to Jeremy Vine ? Personally I feel they should end that program or better still deport him. I sort of see the idea of deliberately choosing people who may have odd opinions but don't like the way he eggs people on. Live response programs like that are bound to have oddities - for instance how do the choose the people or the email etc when those are used. There will be a network of people behind the talking head choosing which ones to use.

Being fair though people are often cut off to meet a schedule that has been set. Some one is talking to them all of the time they are interviewing people telling them how much time they have left.

If even the Director General of the BBC admits to bias, your argument starts to look futile.

BBC impartiality has taken hit, director general admits | BBC | The Guardian

Don't be a wolly all if the time, The content of the article is summarised in the first few lines

The BBC’s director general has admitted that the corporation’s reputation as a provider of impartial news has taken a hit in recent years, while insisting the corporation is committed to giving coverage to all sides of controversial debates.

This does not mean that they are biased only that some see them that way. Then comes the killer

It has been at the focus of discussions over whether the national broadcaster should be giving airtime to individuals who represent extreme views in the name of balance.

I don't have to even say what that means. Censorship effectively.

Sponsored Links
Back