The Big Red Bus

Did you believe The Big Red Bus.

• Total voters
Sponsored Links
read page 7 of the transcript again. You're missing a key part (point 29). looks like a home goal politely documented.
If you think that's a key point, you are very much mistaken.
It refers only to the point "acting as such", i.e. acting as a public officer. Which BJ clearly was not acting as a public officer in supporting any campaign. It is explained that a public officer may support a campaign, making it official support, by that office. That is perfectly normal and acceptable.
I would agree that this point is refuted. It is a point to which I have alluded several times in my recent posts. It in no way over-rides any other points.

The comment of Judge Coleman "Relying on a Law Commission paper may not be the applicant’s strongest point." could be interpreted in two ways, and you have chosen the interpretation that suits your position, as an over-riding comment. The comment is not an over-riding comment and it could also mean that there are other arguments that are stronger.

There are other aspects which suggest why this point is not the strongest argument, those of page 12, points 42 & 43, and 50.
34. WILFULLY NEGLECTS TO PERFORM HIS DUTY/OR WILFULLY MISCONDUCTS HIMSELF
42. I do not accept those submissions for the purpose of considering whether there is prima facie evidence of this aspect of the offence. I accept that the public offices held by Mr. Johnson provide status but with that status comes influence and authority.
43. I am satisfied there is sufficient to establish prima facie evidence of an issue to be determined at trial of this aspect. I consider the arguments put forward on behalf of the proposed defendant to be trial issues.

44. TO SUCH A DEGREE AS TO AMOUNT TO AN ABUSE OF THE PUBLIC’S TRUST IN THE OFFICE HOLDER
50. I am satisfied this element of the offence is prima facie satisfied.
Obviously Judge Coleman considers the application to be worth considering in a court case.

Sponsored Links
Had the slogan said "We send £250M to the EU each week, lets spend that on the NHS instead" would you have reacted differently? What about £170M?
It is still rather a lot of cash.
The figures used are not relevant in the consideration of whether he is guilty or not.
They only become relevant in the sentencing if he is found guilty. If he is guilty, what effect did those figure have on the electorate.
The applicant has witnesses to demonstrate the real, and by extrapolation the potential, effect on the electorate.
Point 49
49. The applicant has statements from members of the public which addresses the impact the apparent lie had on them. Mr Power submits there will be seldom a more serious misconduct allegation against a Member of Parliament or Mayor than to lie repeatedly to the voting public on a national and international platform, in order to win your desired outcome.​
In sentencing, if BJ is found guilty, the judge must take onto account the effect on the nation.

If Boris is to be done for lying surely then the entire government should be done for lying. They told us they were getting us out of the European Union and they haven't.

But a deliberate lie, repeatedly told and published throughout the country, and intended to influence the electorate, was intended to gain the liars more votes and change the outcome of the referendum.

Who knows if it was 2% or some other figure?

It will be interesting to see who says "it's OK for politicians to steal votes by lying."

44. TO SUCH A DEGREE AS TO AMOUNT TO AN ABUSE OF THE PUBLIC’S TRUST IN THE OFFICE HOLDER
50. I am satisfied this element of the offence is prima facie satisfied.
Obviously Judge Coleman considers the application to be worth considering in a court case.

Wow!

It could be argued, that it was BJ's duty, as a public officer, he should have corrected the misleading claim, or at least denounced it.
He knew it was incorrect, yet he propagated it.

I'm going to place another bet, that BJ is about to withdraw his candidacy for PM, again!

Marcus Ball, the crowdfunder behind the Boris Johnson court case, spent THOUSANDS OF POUNDS of the public money donated, on HIMSELF!!

Sponsored Links
Back