The Brexit bonus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HMRC works for the government.

Surely you know that?

Non ministerial. HMRC policy is set out yearly in the finance bill. Yes of course they are a non ministerial govt dept. There was no compunction from outside of the UK to enact the very odd VAT rules we seem to now have.

Sponsored Links
Non ministerial. HMRC policy is set out yearly in the finance bill. Yes of course they are a non ministerial govt dept. There was no compunction from outside of the UK to enact the very odd VAT rules we seem to now have.
So you say it is the fault of the Johnson Brexer government.

If you think you know a solution, write to our Buffoon in Chief and tell him what it is.

Remember when Johnson said there would be no border, no customs, no paperwork between UK and NI?

Lies.

Brexers insisted that there must be a border between EU and UK

And that there must not be a border between RoI and NI

But ROI is part of EU

And NI is part of UK.

So Brexer demands were always impossible.

This has been known for at least five years.

Can you imagine being the poor sod who was expected to write rules for a procedure to achieve something that is impossible?

Sponsored Links

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...uggling-sell-eu-brexit-deal-failed-recognise/

British silversmiths are being frustrated over trying to sell silver and gold into the European Union after the Brexit trade deal failed to recognise the UK’s centuries-old hallmarks

Death by a thousand Brexit Bee Stings. :D

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...uggling-sell-eu-brexit-deal-failed-recognise/

British silversmiths are being frustrated over trying to sell silver and gold into the European Union after the Brexit trade deal failed to recognise the UK’s centuries-old hallmarks

Death by a thousand Brexit Bee Stings. :D

The more time goes on, it's obvious that it was easy to vote out, but we can now repent at leisure knowing we've screwed ourselves in more ways than we could have imagined. Still waiting for the piece of good news about Brexit.

The more time goes on, it's obvious that it was easy to vote out, but we can now repent at leisure knowing we've screwed ourselves in more ways than we could have imagined. Still waiting for the piece of good news about Brexit.

well Er Hmmmm oh I know

the price of scrap copper / metal has gone through the roof :idea:

( might be a brexit affect )

Importing has become interesting. People seem to have found that stuff under the 150euro limit is sailing through assuming vat has been paid - or boarder force who handle it now can't cope.

Being fed up of wanting to know how this will work out I have just ordered 2 items I need from Germany. It's the only place I can get them from other than maybe Australia.

One item ~£15, the other ~£50

Look on the bright side, our government put their top priority into sorting out the Fishing agreement, neglecting financial services, manufacturing and agriculture, which generate billions more revenue and employ millions more people.

Johnson and his buddies ensured the media were filled with fuss and nonsense about how great it was to "take back control."

So at least Fishing will be OK.

Won't it?

I've had a mare these past 2 weeks trying to get spares for a job from Europe, took me a week to get some tools over, in the end I had to pay a man in a van 2.5k to drive from Spain and drop them off.

The funny thing was they sailed through UK customs, it turned out EU customs were being somewhat difficult not letting the tools out the country. All items sent have to be checked at the borders before they leave the EU to the UK, meaning everything is getting checked twice.

As we were hiring the tools the Spanish couldn't understand that we were to be returning them within a set amount of time, the man in the van went through France and when he got to Calais, typical french couldn't be bothered to check paperwork and just waved him straight through. Then flew through UK customs..

It's been tough and has now made us re-think projects when spares are coming from Europe due to the additional time required, meaning we have had to extend lead times and alter customers expectations.

I've had a mare these past 2 weeks trying to get spares for a job from Europe, took me a week to get some tools over, in the end I had to pay a man in a van 2.5k to drive from Spain and drop them off.

The funny thing was they sailed through UK customs, it turned out EU customs were being somewhat difficult not letting the tools out the country. All items sent have to be checked at the borders before they leave the EU to the UK, meaning everything is getting checked twice.

As we were hiring the tools the Spanish couldn't understand that we were to be returning them within a set amount of time, the man in the van went through France and when he got to Calais, typical french couldn't be bothered to check paperwork and just waved him straight through. Then flew through UK customs..

It's been tough and has now made us re-think projects when spares are coming from Europe due to the additional time required, meaning we have had to extend lead times and alter customers expectations.

although I disagree with brexit, these problems could have been minimised if this government had had the common sense to do a long transition period with pragmatic negotiations resulting in a closer relationship.

As it is political posturing meant brexit was pushed through without sorting out these issues.

much longer term it is obvious this country will build back a closer relationship with our biggest trade partner.

surely anybody can see its madness to have massive trade barriers with a huge marketplace that we can access directly by HGV / transit / car

although I disagree with brexit, these problems could have been minimised if this government had had the common sense to do a long transition period with pragmatic negotiations resulting in a closer relationship.

As it is political posturing meant brexit was pushed through without sorting out these issues.

much longer term it is obvious this country will build back a closer relationship with our biggest trade partner.

surely anybody can see its madness to have massive trade barriers with a huge marketplace that we can access directly by HGV / transit / car
I blame Tony Blair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back