The Brexit bonus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Chinese production, and RoW demand, is on the way up.

I have struggled on occasions getting bits for this or that; but never been busier.

Sponsored Links
I have struggled on occasions getting bits for this or that; but never been busier.

Same here

some manus who manufacture in Italy ( ravenheat) have had trouble getting there products into the UK ?

bloke I spoke to said it was like a blockade ???

Same here

some manus who manufacture in Italy ( ravenheat) have had trouble getting there products into the UK ?

So then they have to have a new boiler...... a British made boiler...... I've had to postpone a boiler job this week to fit in a boiler job this week...

I'm expecting to pay vat on vat when my stuff arrives. Seller will charge me DE vat and then customs will charge me our vat plus a collection fee. The declared value will include DE vat

I did contact another company about this. They told me that if an item / items is under 150euro total they have to charge vat but didn't say who's vat. The only way round it is to have a valid vat number. Then they could send stuff vat free. They were not sure if this worked.

Another company have notes on their web page saying they have to charge vat in the same way. They have decided to make the min order 150euro until they find out what it all means.

Amazon have decided to open more warehouses in the UK.

TBH I have wondered if this area is what Brexit is really about - collecting more VAT. Previously it was paid at source where ever it was but I have never managed to sort out how this worked. There are opinions but I want to see it on an official web page.

:ROFLMAO:Anyway stocks of all sorts of things in the sea will recover as lots caught were sold to the eu and currently they can't go there any more. Also our rivers will be choked with eels as we produce loads to keep levels up in some EU rivers and they couldn't be sent there this year so had to be released here.

"More than 440 financial firms have shifted thousands of jobs and £1 trillion of assets out of the UK and into the EU because of Brexit, with more pain still to come, according to new research.

A study by the New Financial think tank indicates that Brexit has hit the City of London harder than first thought and that the impact is likely to grow.

It found that banks have shifted about £900bn of assets from the UK – approximately 10 per cent of the total assets held by the UK banking system.

Insurance firms and asset managers have moved a further £100bn."

“The worse news is that this analysis is almost certainly a significant underestimate of the real picture,” the report said. “We are only at the end of the beginning of Brexit.”

Yet again 'project fear' proves to be reality!

Yeah, but, blue passports , no more wonky bananas, and, and closed borders!

We didn't vote for a strong economy and a brighter future, we VOTED OUT!!!

TBH I have wondered if this area is what Brexit is really about - collecting more VAT. Previously it was paid at source where ever it was but I have never managed to sort out how this worked

Business to business, invoices were zero rated.

I.e. When I ordered timber from Germany I paid no vat on the invoice and nothing to reclaim.

fishing is more than just hauling fish out of the sea

it’s also protection of fishing grounds / the environment
Some thing our garlic munching friends don’t seem to under stand in particular when they are causing environmental havoc and destruction in some one else’s waters
It's no surprise transam jumps at every opportunity to spout his usual racially motivated hatred.
He's a raging racist.
Bigotry is taught to children from an early age in their homes by their parents and other relatives.
It looks like that is the only thing that transam learnt.

I did contact another company about this. They told me that if an item / items is under 150euro total they have to charge vat but didn't say who's vat. The only way round it is to have a valid vat number. Then they could send stuff vat free. They were not sure if this worked.
As far as I understand it, although the VAT on goods less than 150€ is collected at source, it should be transferred to the importing country.
If you pay all inclusive, you will be paying import VAT to the seller when paying the total price. But if the import VAT is not properly estimated by the seller, or if the seller fails to ensure the transfer of this VAT amount to the customs, you must be aware that national legislation can hold you jointly liable.
https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_custo...s-online-coming-from-a-noneu-union-country_en
Judging by the total inability of UK to organise the appropriate import checks, etc, the hold up on goods is probably due to systems not being in place to allow parcels to be processed due to VAT misunderstandings.

I'm hearing no chit chat on this side of any difficulties.
That maybe for several reasons, far less purchase of UK goods shipped to EU.
Ex-pats frequent return trips to UK so bring stuff with them. (Although that has been massively curtailed due to Covid)
Foods stuffs, e.g. tea bags, cheese, etc available in shops here.
Less demand for UK goods in EU.
Other EU sourced alternatives easily available.

Last edited:
Boris's N.I. protocol is being challenged in the courts, if it is found to be illegal, what happens then.
EU can take appropriate and proportional action in other areas.
In March, the UK delayed introducing some new border processes without EU agreement.
That led to the EU starting legal proceedings against the UK.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-57133682

NI infrastructure has not even been started yet for checking imports from GB, despite funding and planning permissions been in place.
And when exactly will the Northern Ireland Executive start building the bricks and mortar customs facilities that the UK has promised the EU but which are so offensive to the DUP's newly-elected leader? The dates are still a secret.

Same here

UK should learn to play by the rules they agreed.
In March, the UK delayed introducing some new border processes without EU agreement.
On Sunday, the UK's chief negotiator, Lord Frost, urged the EU to rapidly "find a new approach and new solutions".
It's not the EU's responsibility to solve UK problems. UK left, have they forgotten already?
This roadmap also shows the potential trouble ahead.
If the UK's scheme for sending supermarket goods from Great Britain to Northern Ireland is going to be phased in during 2021 and 2022 (and 2023?) then the UK will probably have to ask the EU for another extension to the grace period before European laws will be fully respected, which won't go down well in Brussels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back