The Brexit bonus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So then they have to have a new boiler...... a British made boiler...... I've had to postpone a boiler job this week to fit in a boiler job this week...

a lot of components for boilers seem to come out of Italy ?

I Suspect our garlic munching freinds ;) are involved in the shortage / blockade ;)

may well fire off an email to that scoundrel Macrin over the caper :cool:

Sponsored Links
As far as I understand it, although the VAT on goods less than 150€ is collected at source, it should be transferred to the importing country.

That's the easy part. Retailers in the EU have to register with HMRC to sell items less than 150 euro. There are gov web pages stating that. If some one here buys and is vat registered the items can be sent here vat free.

What I am unsure of is how vat was handled prior to us leaving when consumers bought items from the EU. It maybe that say I bought something from Germany the vat I paid stayed there. If there was some mechanism to charge UK vat and transfer it to HMRC there wouldn't be any problems or need to say over 150 euro and vat will be charged at our boarders.

Some people mention import duty when this subject crops up. That aspect is now dead clear. If there is any it will be charged.

Anyhow Transam has it wrong - not unusual really on things like this. Stuff now moves through export channels which will be slower both sides of the channel. Boarder force has been readied but that usually means they may really be 12 months on or never. One thing for sure is stuff will take longer to get here.

https://www.ft.com/content/7655203f-dae8-42af-b854-5221c0eac559

The first 100 days of the post-Brexit era has been a “disaster” for the British music industry and the government has made almost no progress in addressing problems raised by visas, customs and other controls, a wide-ranging new survey of the industry has found. The research by the Incorporated Society of Musicians, the body that represents the UK’s professional musicians, tour operators and manufacturers, found that 94 per cent of respondents had been negatively affected by the UK’s post-Brexit trade deal with the EU.

This makes my blood boil. All the music we need is Land of Hope and Glory blasting from every tannoy, public sound system, radio station etc - to bring back the good old times. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Lies2.jpg

Does all seem to be a bit of a dogs
Breakfast this brexit caper ?

than again to an extent ? It’s In the interest of the EU ( read the F)

for it to fail
If it's a dog's Brexit, it's the EU's fault?
Not Boris's et al. Not the UK's fault (or those that voted for it)?

EU didn't want UK to leave, so it's all their fault.
You're demonstrating how flawed are your political reasonings.

a lot of components for boilers seem to come out of Italy ?

I Suspect our garlic munching freinds ;) are involved in the shortage / blockade ;)

may well fire off an email to that scoundrel Macrin over the caper :cool:
I see my posts objecting to transam's racism are being deleted regularly now.
But transam's racist posts remain.
Says it all really.

Any way no point whinging about it

Brexit has happened nowt to be done about it

EU will probably collapse in chaos :idea:

s*** happens

Brexit has happened nowt to be done about it

it needs some people who are sensible adults, trustworthy, not nonsense-spouting fantasists

to try to minimise the damage done.

for the good of the country

Obviously that excludes, Johnson, Gove, Rice-Pudd and their lying acolytes

The people who put us into this shambles are not competent to dig us out.

it needs some people who are sensible adults, trustworthy, not nonsense-spouting fantasists

to try to minimise the damage done.

for the good of the country

Obviously that excludes, Johnson, Gove, Rice-Pudd and their lying acolytes

The people who put us into this shambles are not competent to dig us out.

be all that as it may a change in personal will not alter the fact that
We are out of the EU

unless they have another referendum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back