The Budget 2024.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We’ll come on, what’s going to happen. All those on here that have the financial knowledge (but not the inclination) to sort the country's finances out, here’s your chance.

Sponsored Links
Fingers crossed tax and NI up, along with an NI levy for pensioners with an income over £15K

Sponsored Links
you know they wont answer till afterwards as that how they always attempt to sound like financial wizards ...Using hindsight

The answers are obvious, and have all been given, ad nauseam, before.

You just don't want to acknowledge them, or pay for them.

Hope no tax or ni cuts. Ideally a slight increase

Too much to pay for to give away a token.

Which will just be an election bribe

But no,ni cut looks likely.

Does anybody think it's a good idea though

The Response from the opposition will make interesting listening , whatever the budget states ……

The answers are obvious, and have all been given, ad nauseam, before.

You just don't want to acknowledge them, or pay for them.
dont want to pay for them really? i better tell the accountant that i shouldnt declare the 3 different sources of income that i pay tax on

Does anybody think it's a good idea though

No, of course not!

Any further cuts will be twisting the knife.

A country run on ever-reducing taxes means that services will be cut even further.

Things are bad enough now without further reductions.

The Response from the opposition will make interesting listening , whatever the budget states ……
the Conservatives are going to cut taxes because they dont care about wrecking the economy further if it means they can damage labour

Conservatives want to make tax changes then announce an early election to stop Labour having chance to design a new strategy

there are rumours Conservatives want to reform non dom status because that will bugger Labour spending plans

We’ll come on, what’s going to happen. All those on here that have the financial knowledge (but not the inclination) to sort the country's finances out, here’s your chance.
I can tell what will happen

Conservatives will make budget decisions based on:

1) improving thier chances in GE

2) creating a trap for labour

3) maximum damage to economy, to make it harder for Labour to do well over the next parliament if they win

in a democracy governments should not be allowed to to wreck the country just because they are about to get booted out

No, of course not!

Any further cuts will be twisting the knife.

A country run on ever-reducing taxes means that services will be cut even further.

Things are bad enough now without further reductions.

Like the cuts to public services in Birmingham who plan a 21% hike in Council Tax over the next two years?
Tories will blame Labour but it was them who told councils to find their own funding.

Sponsored Links
Back