What I dont like about the EU for the UK.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst all the builders here like the cheap workers from the EU its not helping our country.

We have 2,500,000 people not working in the UK !

There are perhaps 2,000,000 EU workers here, some even claiming benefits way in excess of what they would get at home.

The Romanian top bankers apparently only earn 80% of what people here get on the dole!

All the spare money they earn here is sent back home. Have you noticed Poland is the only EU country without a financial problem?

So my change to the UK's membership would mostly be to prevent other scroungers coming to earn more in the UK than they do at home and to get the unemployed here to go back to work, particularly those called Joe.

Of course the unemployed and builders will not like that.

Sponsored Links
get the unemployed here to go back to work, particularly those called Joe.

Says the guy that finds the time to post 43,555 long posts.

FFS - get a job mate. :rolleyes:

The EU will not allow you to change (your own) immigration laws and (your own) benefits.

End of discussion.

Precisely the problem.

The Common Market was all we voted for, that should be it. Out of the EU, and either join Norway etc in EFTA or have our own bi-lateral trade treaties with the EU - the way Switzerland does.

Sponsored Links
The way I see it, the EU interfere far too much with member countries politics etc much to the detriment of certain countries. Here in the UK the EU interfere with our decisions to deport foreign criminals from our shores. This at a time when Italy, Germany and France , deport "persona non grata" with impunity from the ECHR.
FFS, we can't even get rid of known terrorists, because the EU courts say so. Not only can we not deport these criminals, we also have to pay them benefits to enable them to bloody well stay here. Ohh it would be against their "Yooman Rights" to send them back to their own country.
At least Cameron has listened to the part of the electorate that want less interference from a bunch of frogs leg eating, bratwurst chomping, pasta sucking, cheese eating surrender monkeys.

Yeah but he's only torkin. Then he'll kick it into the long grass.

Whilst all the builders here like the cheap workers from the EU its not helping our country.

Not quite true

We have 2,500,000 people not working in the UK !

MAYBE 2,OOOOOO OF THEM DO NOT WANT TO WORK

There are perhaps 2,000,000 EU workers here, some even claiming benefits way in excess of what they would get at home.

Double that too Most claiming benefits also.

The Romanian top bankers apparently only earn 80% of what people here get on the dole!

Apparantly

All the spare money they earn here is sent back home. Have you noticed Poland is the only EU country without a financial problem?

Yes

So my change to the UK's membership would mostly be to prevent other scroungers coming to earn more in the UK than they do at home and to get the unemployed here to go back to work, particularly those called Joe.

or Billy Lar

I AM a builder. :LOL:

The EU will not allow you to change (your own) immigration laws and (your own) benefits.

End of discussion.

Precisely the problem.

The Common Market was all we voted for, that should be it. Out of the EU, and either join Norway etc in EFTA or have our own bi-lateral trade treaties with the EU - the way Switzerland does.

Agreed. No half-measures such as Cameron wants. OUT.

The way I see it, the EU interfere far too much with member countries politics etc much to the detriment of certain countries. Here in the UK the EU interfere with our decisions to deport foreign criminals from our shores. This at a time when Italy, Germany and France , deport "persona non gratis" with impunity from the ECHR.
FFS, we can't even get rid of known terrorists, because the EU courts say so. Not only can we not deport these criminals, we also have to pay them benefits to enable them to bloody well stay here. Ohh it would be against their "Yooman Rights" to send them back to their own country.
At least Cameron has listened to the part of the electorate that want less interference from a bunch of frogs leg eating, bratwurst chomping, pasta sucking, cheese eating surrender monkeys.

Precisely, but we must accept that this is our own fault. Spineless politicians do whatever their bosses in Brussels tell them to do. Other countries have the balls to ignore them.

Greece is imploding, riots, *real* austerity, mass unemployment.

Do they vote to leave the EU, Nope.

Spain has 60% youth unemployment, all due to the EURO, guess what, they still won't vote to leave.

we have millions and millions of euro immigrants who are allowed to vote.

I don't know why Cameron and their ilk are so afraid to give a referendum, to many dumb voters who'll vote to stay in, and to many euro immigrants who will clearly vote "stay".

Spineless politicians

It's the people who are spinless, as it's very clear a large number, very likely a majority, will vote to stay in.

Purely out of fear caused by inaccurate scaremongering liars who spout sh1te such as "millions of jobs dependant upon Europe".

It's the people who are spinless

Thats true but a lot are manipulated by government propaganda.
The Irish had a number of referendums where the people clearly voted NO but wasn't accepted by government.
Millions of euro's were poured into the government sponsored "yes" campaign the second time round.

I remember Ahern moaning about the outcome (Think it was lisbon) and how the Irish "people" had got it wrong.
That was rich coming from someone who said the doomsmongers should go and hang them selves after he had been advised to cool the "celtic tiger" down.
Well the tiger is dead and gone now. And ahern has scarpered and doing very nicely on a 2800 euro weekly pension.

Purely out of fear caused by inaccurate scaremongering liars who spout sh1te such as "millions of jobs dependant upon Europe".

Spot on.

As I see it, the problem is the insidious manner in which the Common Market, which is what the UK and Ireland joined in 1971, has become the European Union, another name for the United States of Europe. Who is running the EU? It's France and Germany! Shock horror! The two countries which attempted to rule Europe by force (Napoleon 19th Century and Germany (twice) 20th Century). Thus, unless David Cameron gets exactly what he wants regarding the repatriation of sovereignty (hopefully this means go back to the Common Market, dump the EU), we really do need to tell Brussels to go to hell! I find it strange that countries like France (remember the farmers and their road blocks?) and Italy (driving the Roma gypsies out of town) seem to ignore the EU diktats they do not like, but are the first to scream and shout if another state does the same. Even though we hate it, we are British, we abide by the rules. It's high time we took a leaf out of the others' book and "ignored" the diktats which are not in our interests. As another poster has stated, Norway and Switzerland do all right outside the EU, so why can we not do the same?

Greece is imploding, riots, *real* austerity, mass unemployment.

Do they vote to leave the EU, Nope.

Spain has 60% youth unemployment, all due to the EURO, guess what, they still won't vote to leave.

Give me one good reason why these countries would vote to leave the EU ? None. Aron. The countries you use as an example get far more out of the EU than they put into the EU. I don't think the UK get's back anywhere near the amount we pay to stay in.
Spain, is supposedly a " Developing" country, within the EU. FFS, what's left to develop in Spain?

Our government was as good as told by the yanks only last week that they'd best stay in the EU. There's no way we'll be leaving whoever is in power, if the hamshanks don't want us to.

Sponsored Links
Back