The downside of diy

I guess if the fumes were heavier than air they could have pooled around floor level, possibly knocked him unconscious eventually with a fridge or something starting up and sparking to cause the explosion but that must have been one hell of a lot of fumes. Perhaps it could have caused a secondary explosion on the gas supply but if that's been ruled out already (ish) who knows.

Remember this;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1876342.stm

Sponsored Links
I heard the fire that swept through Hinckley was due to an open petrol container which gave off fumes and as the level rose it was ignited by a pilot flame in a boiler.

All that from about a gallon of petrol.

Sponsored Links
Just brick the damned coal chute, or cement a slab over the top, depending on the type of coal chute

He may have done just that, then used the foam as cavity insulation or something. We'll never now

So no "gas", no "tampering", just plain old "accidental" .

Thank goodness nobody casts aspersions when there's a road accident, otherwise, there would be a furore to have driving only carried out by "professionals".

Maybe it was the gas from the coal that exploded.
Seems a bit far fetched blaming it on a few tins of expanding foam.

Maybe it was the gas from the coal that exploded.
Seems a bit far fetched blaming it on a few tins of expanding foam.

15 tins! I assume that when they come up with such a conclusion about the cause of an accident which kills a number of people, they base that on scientific evidence that what they believe happened is actually possible.

Sponsored Links
Back