The French

Aerospatiale was state owned.
So was in effect the Falklands 'state owned' as a whole...

Didn't stop the government at the time considering a transfer of sovereignty to Argentina less than two years before the outbreak of the Falklands war did it!

Sponsored Links
Do you not see that Johnson and his gang are right wing populists?

are you blind to the corruption, propaganda, lies, cronyism, gaslighting?

I’m shocked that a businessman can be easily taken in.
I think i'm aware of what Boris is like. I have a higher opinion of him than you do, but he's a salesman rather than a true leader. I also think him more centrist that a true right wing conservative.

But my original previous post was only intended to highlight that Macron is everything that you've accused Boris of being, except worse because there's an election coming.

The number of licences not issued is minimal, 98% of requested licences have been issued, and the licences not issued are for boats that have zero evidence have having fished in the channel islands waters. Is that populist, corruption, propaganda, lies, cronyism or gaslighting? It's barely even a battle worth fighting for anyone other than the channel island fishermen.

The licences have not been issued under the rules agreed with the EU, yet Macron is trying to leverage it to boost his polls and demonstrate his france first credentials. Sound at all familiar? Isn't that exactly what you're accusing Boris and the Tory's of doing? Yet you give the impression that you think the french are in the right, which seems to be pretty much parr for the course when it comes to anything EU.

Last edited:
The licences have not been issued under the rules agreed with the EU, yet Macron is trying to leverage it to boost his polls and demonstrate his france first credentials. Sound at all familiar? Isn't that exactly what you're accusing Boris and the Tory's of doing? Yet you give the impression that you think the french are in the right, which seems to be pretty much parr for the course when it comes to anything EU.
I wonder who is indeed in the right?

Oh look...

From the brexiteer media propaganda outlet itself...

"Boris caves to France: More than 100 extra fishing licences issued since Macron's threats"

Why would borisconi cave in if the UK was in the right, and the UK wields so much global power post brexit as promised? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I wonder who is indeed in the right?

Oh look...

From the brexiteer media propaganda outlet itself...

"Boris caves to France: More than 100 extra fishing licences issued since Macron's threats"

Why would borisconi cave in if the UK was in the right, and the UK wields so much global power post brexit as promised? :LOL:
I don't think there has been any 'caving' as you call it. My understanding is that 162 licences have been granted of which 113 are permanent and 49 are temporary until the end of this year to allow those applicants more time to provide evidence that they've fished those waters. 55 licences have been denied because they can't provide evidence of fishing in the channel island waters under the method agreed between the UK and the EU. In my opinion, the likelihood of not being able to prove that they've fished in those waters is because they haven't and those fishermen are trying it on, they fished in those waters illegally and hence don't have evidence, or they've relied on the french border controls for tracking information. As we all know, the french border guards aren't very good at tracking small boats.

If temporary licences have been granted, i'd view that as de-escalation on the part of the UK government, not any kind of sabre rattling or provocation.

I don't think there has been any 'caving' as you call it. My understanding is that 162 licences have been granted
The 162 licences were issued just last Wednesday. It sure looks like a cave-in.

55 licences have been denied because they can't provide evidence of fishing in the channel island waters under the method agreed between the UK and the EU.
As I understand it the evidence required suddenly became more onerous without negotiation or reasonable notice.

The number of licences not issued is minimal, 98% of requested licences have been issued, and the licences not issued are for boats that have zero evidence have having fished in the channel islands waters. Is that populist, corruption, propaganda, lies, cronyism or gaslighting? It's barely even a battle worth fighting for anyone other than the channel island fishermen

The UK govt is deliberately engineering France into a trade war -a typical ploy used by right wing populist government

Firstly it would seem the 98% figure is a lie, I understand its 90%.........but the problem is that figure is all EU licenses but less than half of the French licenses have been issued.

It would seem the UK govt are asking for proof from the one fishing vessel operators that cant supply it because theyve never needed to keep such records.

And yes it is populism -its deliberately setting up an international trade war....and we all know wars, military or trade are great for domestic headlines especially when most of the press is right wing.

the Tory party have spent their whole time with non stop brexit propaganda and gaslighting -worthless trade deals are a perfect example, they are just symbolic.

As I understand it the evidence required suddenly became more onerous without negotiation or reasonable notice.

I cant find any conditions in the trade deal that give any requirements for "proof" -it is deliberate power games.

I cant find any conditions in the trade deal that give any requirements for "proof" -it is deliberate power games.
Quite so, then proof of historical fishing was suddenly required.

It would seem the UK govt are asking for proof from the one fishing vessel operators that cant supply it because theyve never needed to keep such records.

Even if they were below the size of vessel required by law to have a transmitter on board anything over 17m requires a logbook (10m in the UK), smaller vessels require logbook data if at sea for periods over 24 hours and notwithstanding all this, there are data landing forms to ensure quotas are being adhered to.

If a commercial fishing boat can't provide any evidence whatsoever of what they've been catching and where, it's perfectly reasonable to assume they've either been operating illegally or they haven't been operating at all.

Why should they be given a licence? that's not what's been agreed in the TCA.

Why should they be given a licence? that's not what's been agreed in the TCA

TCA defines which boats qualify for licences through their past activity – but it does not specify exactly what proof is required.

UK govt are effectively using a loophole to play silly buggers.

Even if they were below the size of vessel required by law to have a transmitter on board anything over 17m requires a logbook (10m in the UK), smaller vessels require logbook data if at sea for periods over 24 hours and notwithstanding all this, there are data landing forms to ensure quotas are being adhered

the period the UK want to be granted a licence, the fishermen must have previously fished in those waters between 2012 and 2016 - There is no law that states data has to be kept that many years…..not surprisingly the fishermen don’t have it.

it’s deliberate games being played by our lying Brexit govt.

they have to keep lying because Brexit is a pile of poo…..which anybody paying attention knows as it’s blindingly obvious.

the period the UK want to be granted a licence, the fishermen must have previously fished in those waters between 2012 and 2016 - There is no law that states data has to be kept that many years…..not surprisingly the fishermen don’t have it.

The EU agreed to the terms of the TCA.

Sponsored Links
Back