The Germans

Sponsored Links
In a sense he wasn't.
I believe you also claimed the other day that Enoch Powell wasn't racist, but the area he represented was.
I have found anecdotal evidence to disprove your hypothesis.

Yet half a century on from Powell’s polemic, the school he pitched into a media firestorm has refused to shy away from its association with him. Instead it has harnessed Powell’s toxic legacy, deploying it as the inspiration for an extraordinary project examining the school’s past, educating its diverse intake on the immigration debate and turning the school into a champion of the kind of integration Powell had dismissed.

Senior Conservatives are eager to take on Powell’s claims. Asked what he would say to Powell now, Sajid Javid, the communities secretary, gleefully points out the political progress in Wolverhampton. “Your old seat is now represented by Eleanor Smith MP, a former nurse and a woman of African Caribbean heritage who is as British as you or, indeed, me,”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/14/enoch-powell-rivers-blood-legacy-wolverhampton

Sponsored Links
Why do you think they would complain to you?

A number of people of various colours have pointed out the racist people around where I have worked. There are always a few. Ages vary as does position in the hierarchy. Always 100% correct too. Seems to be 2 main types - just racist or assume attitudes alongside race. Figure out why they might choose to tell me for yourself. They aren't happy about it and want to talk about it.

I'll give you an instance of one and no way to help. Bright graduate, electronics and clearly being held back by some one with the milder form or racism. He decided to leave. Best he could do was a job testing switches for ever at Leyland when he is capable of doing way more than that. That would be about 30 years or so ago and a lot less likely to happen now. More recently I gave some one similar their first job. Some frowns from above. I gave him work to fully train him in an area that does need some experience. ;) When he became more useful to me he left for a better job with more pay. That's how things should go. The pay scales of the company I was working for were pretty low for the field so couldn't compete. :( That made recruiting tricky in the first place. :) Some time later they needed my experience directly on the job. Frankly I preferred that. Black people could still have similar problems 15 years ago. I worked with one who arrived from another company because of his colour. He saw himself as fortunate in having an English sounding name so at least got an interview. I have to wonder if that has changed much now but around 10years ago he came to see me for some career advice so could change job.

Wind back dude and see where this started.
still wrong

you can no more claim it to be a perceived issue than those who claim it be an issue.

both views are opinion, because it is something that is subjective.

The last German I spoke to thought Fawlty Towers and Ello Ello Hilarious.

i have now seen the section of the script that caused offence.

It is nothing to do with war or Germans.

It is a passage involving casual racism (about Cricket players from other countries) and epithets common among racists, but no longer considered generally acceptable.

It would not be permitted on modern TV, and the terms would not be allowed on this forum. Until a few days ago, it was still on Netflix. I hear that after editing or adding commentary, the episode is likely to be made available again.

Older members may recall that the England Cricket Team Selectors threw out a leading non-white player to appease Apartheid South Africa in the 1968/9 tour.

Possibly the scriptwriters had in mind the attitudes of England's cricketing hierarchy at the time. It was first broadcast in 1975 and the world has moved on.

I believe you also claimed the other day that Enoch Powell wasn't racist, but the area he represented was.
I have found anecdotal evidence to disprove

I remember an interview of Bernie Grant... He was a great royalist, which surprised me. He also said Enoch Powell was not a racist but a realist.

nobody wants to receive a bunch of racist scum.
Screenshot_20200614_152727_com.android.chrome.jpg

Funny you say that I come across this look for Somthing else Bernie Grant said.

I'd understand a bit more if all this Sh¡t was in the name of this young lady.
Screenshot_20200614_165722_com.android.email.jpg

No where else to post it as everything is locked

Funny you say that I come across this look for Somthing else Bernie Grant said.

Well that's interesting. When you looked for the 1993 source of this story, what did you find?

Obviously you found this quote "But a Labour Party spokesman said on Sunday night: "Jeremy does not and did not support this policy."" which you naturally chose to ignore. But what else?

This image, perhaps?

1*reCSrAUyfuoQ_EElJKMFBA.jpeg

And, of course, Bernie Grants statement "Mr Grant, who was elected as one of the UK's first black MPs in Tottenham in 1987, said the proposal was a response to widespread racism.

He said: "I accept that there will be some people who will want to stay and fight. Good luck to them"

which puts an entirely different light on his idea.

Sponsored Links
Back