The house just crashed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed it first, in that the house was getting rather cool and Alexa behaving strangely. I got Alexa back working after rebooting it and the router, then I noticed that all the Smart plugs were not responding. Went round them one at a time and power cycled them, then the began to work again. Outside light was off, I noticed that on the way out to the garage to power cycle it's Smart Plug for the car charger.

Then it was the turn to look at the heating, it was set to 20C, but the house was at 18C and no call for heat, boiler showing internal of 24C. So I power cycled that and two minutes later that fired up.

Guess there must have been a glitch on the mains to crash all that, but strange that three routers continued working as normal..

Sponsored Links
I did read in one of the nerdy magazines this week that Skynet were doing some testing today. I did not read the full story, just the headline, as it did not seem that important.

I did read in one of the nerdy magazines this week that Skynet were doing some testing today. I did not read the full story, just the headline, as it did not seem that important.
Is today the day that skynet became fully self aware?

Sponsored Links
I've got a lot of smart tech and you do come to rely on it. But when it does not work, or works not as it should it's a damn curse and I think "why did I ever bother". Resetting, finding the instructions, remembering settings, its hardly like we are the masters. :mad:

In the early days some of these home automation systems involved data hopping back and forth across the Atlantic ocean to servers located in the USA

Is today the day that skynet became fully self aware?

Skynet has realised it does not need to build an army of machines to overthrown humans, it just needs to mess with our heating and lights enough to keep us permanently distracted and confused.

:eek: A lot of the stuff used is made in China, Might even have their chips in them.

Sponsored Links
Back