The Moderator

Sponsored Links
163734-propriet26001_slide.jpg

Taking a subtle approach to making visitors feel unwelcome, the Moderator maintains an air of superiority as he bunkers down each day on a particular site's comment section or message board for another 16-hour stint as archivist-in-residence. He's the cool kid--the site vet who's been around for a long time and knows what's what. Leave a message that repeats something someone else said 16 months ago, and he'll let you know about it within minutes.

"Um, yeah, Newbie0314, we talked about that back when NeverTouchedAWoman24 brought the subject up last May. But thanks for contributing, lol."

Treating the forum as his own private gated community, the (self-appointed) Moderator seems to have adopted as his personal philosophy the Pythonesque commandment "Every thread is precious." To keep each discussion safe and pure, he will treat any commenter who has fewer than 200 messages to his name as an undocumented invader who doesn't deserve a spot on his beloved forum. All of this, we assume, from the comfort of his parents' basement.

Sound Familiar?

That's class Dave, I like that! "NeverTouchedAWoman24" :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I'm the last one to be a mod - have banned myself from the tiling forum on priciple.

On the principle that you are outdated and only proffer answers fitting for a 1980s forum. I agree with your decision.

Has anyone ever seen JohnD's name as a member online? Didn't think so. He's a 100% mod through and through.

I imagine that part of the deal of being a Mod on here means that you can't reveal your identity.

Edited by Admin 1 Admin 2 etc :LOL:

The mods are full time workers on Screwfax with all the abusive posters on there!

Has anyone ever seen JohnD's name as a member online? Didn't think so. He's a 100% mod through and through.
I can vouch for John; he's not a moderator.

While I'm here joe - please wash behind your ears, for Heaven's sake. :rolleyes:

I have a fairly good idea who a couple of the mods are, dunno why they keep themselves anonymous though. Very strange. All I do know for certain is that Mod 10 is qualified as a gas engineer (he said so once).

Being a mod on a forum can be a real thankless and unending task, soul destroying at times.

Your not allowed to have your own opinion, you have to stay out of conversations that you may really want to discuss and you have an unending pile of work to do trying to keep people conforming to the rules, and if basic mod tools are not installed on a forum it can be damn hard at times.

I have been there, on a forum of 20k users - I gave that up.
I still manage over 4000 users elsewhere so can appreciate that sometime a mod just has to take a hard line

And when a mod makes a mistake...well the poop doth hitetth the spinning thingy.

Still, the t-shirts are good :D

Sponsored Links
Back