The power of propaganda.

V

vinty

They say a picture paints a 1000 words, the tragic picture in the newspaper of the 3 boy drowned in Turkey has ignited waves of emotional hysteria and disinformation, the local radio station has been jammed with callers demanding the government should allow more migrants into the UK.
A local UKIP member who phoned in to try to put the story into perspective was accused of being a heartless B*****D, all he said was that a lot of these migrants were being erroneously described as refugees by the media when in fact they were economic migrants.
In the case of the family of the 3 year old he pointed out that his family had been in Turkey for 3 years and the father had had a job and a home, after being turned down for permission to emigrate to Canada the father decided to take his family to Europe.
While in Turkey the family were classified as refugees as they had come from Syria to escape violence but once they got on the boat to Europe they became economic migrants, this point seemed to be lost on the radio presenter he and others who called into his programme kept repeating the story that the 3 year old and his family had no choice but to get into a leaky boat because they were fleeing for their lives.

Sponsored Links
Exactly.
Why are they now on a hunger strike on the Hungarian train? Because they are trying to force the authorities to transport them to Austria (and onto Germany), and not to a refugee camp.
Whatever the reason for starting their journeys, they are now economic migrants.

Syrian bloke interviewed on R5L today.

"If the war stopped today, would you go back to Syria?"

"Definitely not. It will take 25 yrs to rebuild the country, and I'm not waiting around for that, nor subjecting my son to that."
Understandable sentiment, but that makes them economic migrants.

It is true that many of the media employees are unable to differentiate fact from fiction, or perhaps it's just that exaggerating matters sells more newspapers or airtime.
Personally, I accept that journalists are as they are, but the real problem to my mind is that the people of this country are too stupid to think for themselves and believe everything the see in the media.
I applaud this UKIP member for stating what many of us already know, but it is sad that so many sheeple are too thick to see the truth in what he says. Their immediate reaction is to shout "racist", because "that's what people do when UKIP says anything".
This country's had it and, as I've said before, that's our own fault rather than anyone else's.

Sponsored Links
I really do wonder about these reporters, presenters and journalists.

They are so similar that it would appear that:
a) only that kind of brain-washed person wishes to become one, or
b) there is an agenda and they are told what to say thus becoming brain-washed.
Local stations and papers being a testing ground to determine whether they have what it takes and can put up with the banality.
(Plus the obligatory pointless hand waving, a must for tv but they probably do it on the radio as well)

Don't forget the contributors to radio 'phone-ins have been already interviewed by a 'researcher'. The UKIP person must have snuck in by saying something else to them.

I cannot see why it is not a condition of employment, especially for journalists, that they are required to tell the truth - other than, of course, 'b'.

Do you remember when talk-radio started in Britain?

It was quite refreshing at first with at least some 'shock-jocks' allowed to be controversial.
It didn't last long did it?
Soon taken over by football.

They say a picture paints a 1000 words, the tragic picture in the newspaper of the 3 boy drowned in Turkey has ignited waves of emotional hysteria and disinformation, the local radio station has been jammed with callers demanding the government should allow more migrants into the UK.
A local UKIP member who phoned in to try to put the story into perspective was accused of being a heartless B*****D, all he said was that a lot of these migrants were being erroneously described as refugees by the media when in fact they were economic migrants.
In the case of the family of the 3 year old he pointed out that his family had been in Turkey for 3 years and the father had had a job and a home, after being turned down for permission to emigrate to Canada the father decided to take his family to Europe.
While in Turkey the family were classified as refugees as they had come from Syria to escape violence but once they got on the boat to Europe they became economic migrants, this point seemed to be lost on the radio presenter he and others who called into his programme kept repeating the story that the 3 year old and his family had no choice but to get into a leaky boat because they were fleeing for their lives.

could i have a link to your source please(y)

That just shows the power of bullying by group think, and how easily it is manipulated by the meeja (sic). And how shallow we can be.

I wonder what 'Tony' (Blair) thinks of all of this? I wonder if he feels any responsibility?

That just shows the power of bullying by group think, and how easily it is manipulated by the meeja (sic). And how shallow we can be.

I wonder what 'Tony' (Blair) thinks of all of this? I wonder if he feels any responsibility?

Bliar is the sort who could tell the person in front of him one thing, then tell the person next to them the exact opposite. And absolutely believe himself to be telling the truth on both occasions.

I'd bet he still absolutely believes that he "did the right thing".

Well it worked on 'flip-flop Dave'. 180 degree turnaround in just 24 hours.

Bliar is the sort who could tell the person in front of him one thing, then tell the person next to them the exact opposite. And absolutely believe himself to be telling the truth on both occasions.

I'd bet he still absolutely believes that he "did the right thing".

Spot on. :) Slimier than a freshly greased eel, served in a bowl of grease, with a topping of grease and a side order of grease.

Once again, on the BBC, that programme the other night with Sue Perkins in India. She started the programme by apologising to her Indian guide for what Britain had done to them in the past. she said she was really uncomfortably talking to him about it. The Indian guy said he didn't know what she was apologising for as the British had left them the buildings, the railway and tea. All of which they are still using.

I often wonder if the blinkered who are jumping on the refugee/migrant bandwagon will eventually get 'it'?

Will they complain when they can't get little Tarquin into the local school because there are no spaces?
Will they complain when they can't park the Volkswagen anywhere near the high street?
Will they complain when Tarquin grows up and can't find or afford somewhere to live?
Will they complain when their gran has a heart attack but has to spend five hours in an ambulance because there are no beds?

My guess is, they will be the first to complain.....but they still won't make the connection.

I often wonder if the blinkered who are jumping on the refugee/migrant bandwagon will eventually get 'it'?

Will they complain when they can't get little Tarquin into the local school because there are no spaces?
Will they complain when they can't park the Volkswagen anywhere near the high street?
Will they complain when Tarquin grows up and can't find or afford somewhere to live?
Will they complain when their gran has a heart attack but has to spend five hours in an ambulance because there are no beds?

My guess is, they will be the first to complain.....but they still won't make the connection.

I am happy to make those sacrifices if it means saving lives.

Sponsored Links
Back