the tax man sent me a letter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:p but it told me i was getting £157 back, not a fortune but black numbers are better than red ones

Sponsored Links
I've had 5 since January!
The first one to tell me I owe him £204.52 for the use of a company car. As I was told I could not use it for personal use I didn't so the company are paying this.
The next four were rebates. The first for over £3,000, the second and third for over £2,000 and the fourth just last week for over £1,500
Pity the last four were for some Chinese bloke that has never lived here! :evil:
I wrote 'CANCELLED' across the first three with an explanation and returned them, this last one is just going through the shredder! :rolleyes:

Conny, you should have set up a bank account in the name of Sum Ting Wong,,,, then cashed the cheques in. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Conny, you should have set up a bank account in the name of Sum Ting Wong,,,, then cashed the cheques in. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It crossed my mind but the wife couldn't pluck my eyebrows correctly to make me look the part!!! :LOL:

I've had 5 since January!
The first one to tell me I owe him £204.52 for the use of a company car. As I was told I could not use it for personal use I didn't so the company are paying this.
The next four were rebates. The first for over £3,000, the second and third for over £2,000 and the fourth just last week for over £1,500
Pity the last four were for some Chinese bloke that has never lived here! :evil:
I wrote 'CANCELLED' across the first three with an explanation and returned them, this last one is just going through the shredder! :rolleyes:

i read this yesterday and thought best not to admit on a public forum :oops:
yes we have all done it to be helpfull but opening mail is a offence against the queen
so off with your head :eek: :eek:

the other thing is how do you know its a chinese bloke as a name is is just a name and often will not let you know much about them :D

First because its addressed to MR.
Second, how many English names do you know that begin, Zhao..... ing?
(slight change and missing characters to 'protect' him).
It wasn't addressed to the Queen so tough!
And when you've been getting appliance warranties for people of a similar name for a number of years and still get them after notifying the issuing company, it kinda sticks in your craw when even the tax man won't listen!

Opening mail addressed to to others is a criminal offence.

Opening mail addressed to to others is a criminal offence.

So is sending offending material through the post! :LOL:

(Yes it offends me that I work my socks off each day, pay my dues, abide by the law and generally get regarded as just a number, whilst others seem to do naff all, get paid for it from money I have contributed to the system and then when I need say, a pair of glasses or some dental treatment I have to pay again. And then I get unsolicited mail with money for someone not of British descent!)

Don't forget that when you get old(er) and move to a care home because you're not allowed to die with dignity without fear of reprisals for any relative who might assist you on your way (presumably they would not ge able to profit from your death and be unable to be a recipient of your will), the council will take a slice of your estate and force the sale of your house. Then the state will have a further slice through inheritance tax. etc etc etc.

Sponsored Links
Back