The unvaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MYTH! There is no underfunding. The NHS receives ever-increasing billions year after year. For medical inflation tackle all the drug companies and other parastical suppliers who see the NHS as a cash cow

oh come on Andy, it’s easy to check, the per capita spending of NHS is lower than most advanced nations.
the NHS is considerably underfunded.

actually the NHS buys drugs at prices lower than most health systems - America pays far more.

Why do you not research facts rather than post opinions that support your bias.

Sponsored Links
Careful Harry, saying something like that is likely to incur an "awww bless" from you know who :D

Sponsored Links
FHoHsFoXMAYUvVq

covid doesnt affect children......

FHoJNOnXoAobWBx

84 children in hospital on Christmas day with covid

I hope they all recover very quickly, its a nasty virus

the rise in hospital admissions is unwelcome

but predictably it follows the rise in cases

in a couple more weeks something else follows.

The good new is that only half the percentage of Omicron cases may need hospital treatment or die.

The bad new is that there are more than twice as many cases

And going up like a rocket

This is a bad time to be unvaccinated

View attachment 255270

And a bad time to be a healthcare worker hoping for a day off.

oh come on Andy, it’s easy to check, the per capita spending of NHS is lower than most advanced nations.
the NHS is considerably underfunded.

You aren't kidding.Sounds like Boris has been embarrassed enough to buy some more scanners. Areas like that are just like many ohers including old x ray gear and many other things.

Interestingly people in the USA have been told at times that ours is the best system. One reason is it's buying power but that's not much use if insufficient money is put in.

The person you quoted sounds much like someone who said to me give them more money and they will just spend it. This sort of comment usually comes from people who think they will never have need of it. Just for old people etc which is fundamentally untrue.

Problem - to spend more needs more taxation. The other way has it's interesting aspects - if people have to use private hospitals they have to earn enough to pay for it. Hence splitting the costs of a state system.

It seems from the news that there has been a bit of a rush for jabs - even the first one. All will be clearer later this week if the usual reports come out on time.

Rumour suggests Boris is awaiting Omicron's effect on older people before making any more decisions. So TBD. General feeling is getting his lot to vote for restrictions is going to be tricky.

What, that not everyone that attends a Dignitas style clinic (doctors staff etc) is there to die? Give yourself a carrot.
Zero irony.:rolleyes:

Roll your eyes all you want, it's just you don't understand :)

Just had a reminder to have a booster because it will be 3 months since second jab in early Jan. Why so soon? I thought it was supposed to be 6 months after for a booster? How many of these things are we going to need?

Just had a reminder to have a booster because it will be 3 months since second jab in early Jan. Why so soon? I thought it was supposed to be 6 months after for a booster? How many of these things are we going to need?
It used to be 6 months but they have reduced it to 3 months because, without a booster, there is very little effect on Omicron. The booster seems to be fully effective for 10 weeks and then it's effectiveness starts to wane. I guess that in a few months there may be a version of the vaccine available which is modified to be more effective against Omicron.

I would seem that with Omicron 10weeks is a magic number but as Israel started 2nd boosters earlier I wonder. It might be a winter booster to keep numbers down as it has generally been stated that more will get infected during the winter before mention of virus changes.

Dec 22 is the most current info. 1,672,658 delta +47,101 from the 15th. Omicron 90,906 and ~80,889 since the 15th

There were also 108,508 VOC-21APR-02. That one is +12,0007. Alpha 277,629 +122 so that one seems to be reaching it's end.

1 reason to take the vaccine

It greatly reduces your risk of being severely ill or dying when you catch this highly contagious disease that is rampaging through the country and the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back