The unvaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When this all kicked off last year my daughter sent my wife and I an oximeter and a thermometer. Have used them on several occasions and it is reassuring.
Bought mine in January. Being vaccinated, we haven't had the need to use it though.

F86FDDE1-77D0-4736-9D00-D0708C8D35EA.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Doing anything is likely to change readings. For instance fetching the instructions and taking them back for more light pushed my pulse rate to 73 from it's usual rather low 60's at rest.

I hope we don't need it but........... we may.

The good new is that only half the percentage of Omicron cases may need hospital treatment or die.

The bad new is that there are more than twice as many cases

And going up like a rocket

This is a bad time to be unvaccinated

OmicronCases.jpg

And a bad time to be a healthcare worker hoping for a day off.

https://www.ft.com/content/0cfdf963-f8fd-4f01-bf5c-c555d0325b03

"The government’s scientific advisers said that even if Omicron is less severe than Delta, the NHS could still be overwhelmed. “A large wave of hospitalisations would be likely to follow a large wave of infections, even if there were a reduction in intrinsic severity,” said minutes from a meeting of the government’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies, released on Thursday.

The scientific advisers said the intrinsic severity of Omicron would need to fall by “around 90 per cent” compared to Delta for hospital admissions “to not reach the levels of previous peaks”.

Sponsored Links
And a bad time to be a healthcare worker hoping for a day off.

Bad reporting. They can't know those figures are purely down to omicron. Official statement on omicron today. No idea what it means to older people yet.The age distribution of infections now looks more like it usually does. Most 20 to 39. Male 20-29 is lower than male 30-39 but the female side is as it usually is. It usually looks like a pyramid eventually.It's a bit stepped at the moment. Older school age is down, might just be due to testing levels in that age group.

Things are getting close to 10,000,000 confirmed cases since it all started now. Best estimate they have on people carrying natural antibodies is around 20% of the population. It's not a rock solid one as blood donors are used.

They visit and test loads of people for the ons. Infections in those have rocketed. It's what they use to get an idea of what is happening in the population. The people in it get tested a couple of times a week what ever, symptoms or not.

Sounds to me like lots will clear up over the next couple of weeks but the Xmas weekend will probably slow things down. School etc holidays too.

Last edited:
They can't know those figures are purely down to omicron.

Why do you think statisticians can't calculate from a representative sample?

There are thousands of volunteers (including myself) sending in regular tests.

The unvaccinated are unlikely to escape infection for long.

only the ones with the best chance of having their lives saved :( :( :( :(

When there is excess demand, you can't afford to waste resource on the ones who will probably get better on their own, or the ones who will probably die whatever you do.

The Nightingale Hospitals were intended to take the no-hopers and give them a degree of comfort and dignity. China very quickly built a lot of warehousing "hospitals" for the same purpose and put patients in them by force.

That's a very abstract concept and would take great leaps of faith to believe. It's the immigration of 10 million grasping foreigners that has put pressure on the NHS, as well as pressure on every other public service.

no surprise that we still have a few racist xenophobes on here, who fail to admit that the NHS employs a great many dedicated non-native workers, and is gravely missing the many who went home as a result of Brexit and the policies resulting.

Healthy young foreign workers put very little demand on the NHS. It's our growing population of older and obese Brits who cause the workload. And are the people least likely to provide the workforce.

China very quickly built a lot of warehousing "hospitals" for the same purpose and put patients in them by force.

The China one was better than that, Our single one wasn't. Our tent types were mentioned in the news again very recently. The NEC one has plenty of body storage available or so we were told.

ICU/HDU levels have remained pretty stable for some time now. Hospital entries similar, As people keep on going in and things aren't building up it suggests treatments times are shorter and they have been extremely clear about who ends up in ICU/HDU. Also some that are in for ordinary treatment.

I'd say it's hard to know what is really going on at the moment or their aims. Omicron has been detected all over the place but the main concentration still seems to be London. This is much like the start of it all other than delta is already wide spread.

NICE came up with a treatment plan and yes they stick to it when things get busy. It's points based.

Maybe next weeks report will show changes where it matters.

no surprise that we still have a few racist xenophobes on here, who fail to admit that the NHS employs a great many dedicated non-native workers, and is gravely missing the many who went home as a result of Brexit and the policies resulting.

Healthy young foreign workers put very little demand on the NHS. It's our growing population of older and obese Brits who cause the workload. And are the people least likely to provide the workforce.

F**k me John, that's quite a statement, and wrong on so many levels.

Frustrating and sad.

"ICU is full of the unvaccinated – my patience with them is wearing thin
The Secret Consultant
Most of the resources the NHS is devoting to Covid in hospital are being spent on people who have not had their jab"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...cinated-my-patience-with-them-is-wearing-thin

"In hospital, Covid-19 has largely become a disease of the unvaccinated. The man in his 20s who had always watched what he ate, worked out in the gym, was too healthy to ever catch Covid badly. The 48-year-old who never got round to making the appointment.

The person in their 50s whose friend had side-effects. The woman who wanted to wait for more evidence. The young pregnant lady worried about the effect on her baby.

The 60-year-old, brought to hospital with oxygen saturations of 70% by the ambulance that he initially called for his partner, who had died by the time it arrived; both believed that the drug companies bribed the government to get the vaccine approved.

All severely ill with Covid. All unvaccinated and previously healthy. All completely avoidable."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back