The unvaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Which bit?

Example

"In last night’s ITV interviews with party leaders, Liberal Democrat leader Jo Swinson said that there were “tens of thousands” of doctors and nurses in the NHS from other EU countries. She added that this number has been declining because of Brexit, saying “we are 5000 nurses down.”

It is true that the NHS has tens of thousands of employees from the EU; around 65,000 employees, or 5.5% of the NHS workforce self-reported as EU nationals in March 2019.

Of these, 31,000 were doctors and nurses.

It is also true that the number of nurses from the EU has decreased by around 5,000 since 2017, though the number of nurses and midwives in total is generally rising.

The House Of Commons Library pointed out at the time of publication that nurse numbers do seem to have been particularly affected by the referendum, as noted by Ms Swinson, though of course other factors may be at play.

Ms Swinson was also correct to say that there has been a big drop in people in the UK applying for nursing places since the government scrapped a bursary; applications dropped by 20% in 2017, the year following the announcement by then Chancellor George Osborne, and then again by 13% in 2018."

Sponsored Links
Example

House of Commons Library

"NHS staff from overseas: statistics
Research Briefing
Published Monday, 20 September, 2021

Almost 15% of NHS staff in England report a nationality other than British. This briefing has statistics on the nationality of NHS staff for doctors, nurses and other groups, figures on EU nationals, and changes since the Brexit vote."

Example

NHS UK

Our ageing population presents the NHS with its greatest challenge

"...The average age of people admitted to hospital acutely is over 70 and people over 80 occupy a quarter of bed days in English hospitals. The vast majority of people staying in hospital over two weeks are over 65 and the cost of acute care rises with age. Older people are more likely to be readmitted to hospital and more likely to experience delay in transfer to other health or social care settings including their own homes. The number of people admitted to hospital from nursing homes is also rising."

Which bit?

John, it's Christmas, I can't be arsed to argue about whether or not fat, elderly brexit voting gammons are responsible for the collapse of the NHS, but hey, you carry on, beat yourself up. Just watch your blood pressure, I wouldn't want you putting more strain on the NHS than me.

Sponsored Links
Oh i had to laugh at that oh the crazy world we have become...
What, that not everyone that attends a Dignitas style clinic (doctors staff etc) is there to die? Give yourself a carrot.
Zero irony.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
John, it's Christmas, I can't be arsed to argue about whether or not fat, elderly brexit voting gammons are responsible for the collapse of the NHS, but hey, you carry on, beat yourself up. Just watch your blood pressure, I wouldn't want you putting more strain on the NHS than me.
He should have a Grinch as his avatar.

Ive just read this on twitter:

John from PGH

@johnis44

2.15pm 24th Dec:

My ex wife and mother of my two beautiful daughters is laying in an ICU bed with Covid.
They have her on an IV no food diet to empty her stomach for intubation if or when needed.
My kids are a wreck. She is unvaccinated. I tried to get her to get it. It doesn’t matter now

another tweet:
2.15pm

I am asking for some prayers this Christmas Eve.
We need her to stick around a lot longer. I know she is petrified.
She doesn’t want to die and leave our children.
Like all unvaccinated she said she is getting it if she recovers.
Please God help her recover

another tweet:
4.38pm

Quick update. Your immediate prayers maybe working a little.
Her oxygen was bumped down to 30 liters at 100% and they might actually feed her real food today.
It’s a positive sign for us. Please keep praying.
My kids say thank you and God bless you all.

https://twitter.com/johnis44/status/1474383297052659718

Lets hope his ex wife gets better and makes a full recovery

The average age of people admitted to hospital acutely is over 70 and people over 80 occupy a quarter of bed days in English hospitals.

Actually in that age range there is increasing possibility of geriatric beds / specific wings of hospitals.

The real problem is underfunding. No gov has been keen on raising more money for it. Sorry filly but I can remember Mrs T. In her day medical inflation was pretty precisely twice what they actually received. Staff is another problem. Underinflation pay rises most of the time and sudden changes in contracts. Much like many other sectors actually.

Ive just read this on twitter:

John from PGH

@johnis44

2.15pm 24th Dec:

My ex wife and mother of my two beautiful daughters is laying in an ICU bed with Covid.
They have her on an IV no food diet to empty her stomach for intubation if or when needed.
My kids are a wreck. She is unvaccinated. I tried to get her to get it. It doesn’t matter now

another tweet:
2.15pm

I am asking for some prayers this Christmas Eve.
We need her to stick around a lot longer. I know she is petrified.
She doesn’t want to die and leave our children.
Like all unvaccinated she said she is getting it if she recovers.
Please God help her recover

another tweet:
4.38pm

Quick update. Your immediate prayers maybe working a little.
Her oxygen was bumped down to 30 liters at 100% and they might actually feed her real food today.
It’s a positive sign for us. Please keep praying.
My kids say thank you and God bless you all.

https://twitter.com/johnis44/status/1474383297052659718

Lets hope his ex wife gets better and makes a full recovery
Care to tell us how many cancer sufferers haven't been diagnosed over the past couple of years and will die because of that?

After all cancer affects one in two people and is far more deadly than the 'virus'!

Care to tell us how many cancer sufferers haven't been diagnosed over the past couple of years and will die because of that?

After all cancer affects one in two people and is far more deadly than the 'virus'!

Vaccinated people are less likely to be hospitalised.

So if you care about cancer sufferers go and get jabbed.

Care to tell us how many ICU beds have been taken due to being occupied by those too thick and selfish to get the jab?

The real problem is underfunding. No gov has been keen on raising more money for it. Sorry filly but I can remember Mrs T. In her day medical inflation was pretty precisely twice what they actually received.

MYTH! There is no underfunding. The NHS receives ever-increasing billions year after year. For medical inflation tackle all the drug companies and other parastical suppliers who see the NHS as a cash cow.

Care to tell us how many ICU beds have been taken due to being occupied by those too thick and selfish to get the jab?

MYTH! There is no shortage of beds - at the start of the nondemic the govt, in a great fanfare of publicity, built several makeshift hospitals. Subsequently and with no fanfare it emerged that these hospitals did not get used. If there is such a shortage of beds use these bloody hospitals!

MORE pertinent would be how much NHS money has gone to the 10 million immigrants we've had imposed on us in recent years.

MORE pertinent would be how much NHS money has gone to the 10 million immigrants we've had imposed on us in recent years.
Andy11 is demonstrating his extreme racist attitude, as usual.
Facts about immigrants, admittedly based on US data, but I'm confident the trend would also apply to UK:
Immigrants are more likely to start and own businesses than the indigenous people.
40% of the top 500 companies are started by immigrants or their children.
https://www.americanprogress.org/article/the-top-10-facts-you-need-to-know-about-immigrants-today/
and

Andy11 can't face the idea that immigrants are more industrious and entrepreneurial than he is.

Entrepreneurship Monitor showed that the vast majority of the 69 countries surveyed reported higher entrepreneurial activity among immigrants than among natives, especially in growth-oriented ventures.
Research has suggested that selection and discrimination effects may be driving this phenomenon. It appears plausible that entrepreneurial individuals are more likely to migrate and that immigration policies in many countries favor highly motivated and capable individuals.
https://hbr.org/2016/10/why-are-immigrants-more-entrepreneurial

If you’re lucky enough to have received a Covid-19 vaccination, you probably have an immigrant entrepreneur to thank. Not only are Pfizer, BioNTech, and Moderna pioneers in the field of mRNA-based vaccine research; they were all founded or cofounded by immigrants.*
https://hbr.org/2021/08/research-why-immigrants-are-more-likely-to-become-entrepreneurs

Immigrants are widely perceived to be highly entrepreneurial, contributing to economic growth and innovation, and self-employment is often viewed as a means of enhancing labor market integration and success among immigrants.
https://wol.iza.org/articles/immigrants-and-entrepreneurship/long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back