The unvaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
a person's free will and right to choose
People used to have the free will and right to choose to drink and drive, speed in cars and smoke in planes, cinema's, busses, workplace etc. until they realised those things had the potential to kill or seriously injure others and then it was made law that they couldn't. How dare they! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
a person's free will and right to choose
Freedom is not that straightforward.

People choosing to not be vaccinated are putting more pressure on NHS staff.

Your “freedom” is curtailing the freedom of NHS staff.

People used to have the free will and right to choose to drink and drive, speed in cars and smoke in planes, cinema's, busses, workplace etc. until they realised those things had the potential to kill or seriously injure others and then it was made law that they couldn't. How dare they! :rolleyes:
You omitted racial, sexist, homophobic, disabled abuse etc.
At one time people had the right to exercise that behaviour, until they realised those things had the potential to kill or seriously injure others.

Sponsored Links
You omitted racial, sexist, homophobic, disabled abuse etc.
At one time people had the right to exercise that behaviour, until they realised those things had the potential to kill or seriously injure others.

Lucky you're here.

a person's free will and right to choose.

Freedom is not that straightforward.
Your “freedom” is curtailing the freedom of NHS staff.
I'm kind of sitting on the fence a bit.
I respect a person's free will to choose, but in some cases, that should be accompanied with other compatible actions.
Take smoking for instance, if someone wants to smoke, then I respect their freedom to choose to harm themselves, but they should respect others choice to not have to endure that smoke.
Therefore if someone chooses to not have the vaccine, they should take precautions to isolate themselves as much as possible, and take precautions when social interaction is unavoidable.
But those refusing to have the vaccine and refusing to observe other precaution is downright pig-headed selfishness.

The oximeter proved interesting. Used it and thought I must be dead. Sat down and hyperventilated a bit and wondered why what I thought was oxi levels went down.

:ROFLMAO:Then I read the instructions. Moving bar graph next to the oxi reading. Thought that was pulse rate and wondered what it was doing at 90+++. Looked at the right way, pulse 63 sitting, oxy 94-95 if I hyperventilate a bit. If covid goes strange ways people will be hyperventilating. £15 well spent really even if no one here needs it.

Amazon have a rush delivery service for these and a stick on label sealing them stating they can not be returned once opened. I was surprised how early it arrived.

£15 well spent really even if no one here needs it.

When this all kicked off last year my daughter sent my wife and I an oximeter and a thermometer. Have used them on several occasions and it is reassuring.

The oximeter proved interesting. Used it and thought I must be dead. Sat down and hyperventilated a bit and wondered why what I thought was oxi levels went down.

:ROFLMAO:Then I read the instructions. Moving bar graph next to the oxi reading. Thought that was pulse rate and wondered what it was doing at 90+++. Looked at the right way, pulse 63 sitting, oxy 94-95 if I hyperventilate a bit. If covid goes strange ways people will be hyperventilating. £15 well spent really even if no one here needs it.

Amazon have a rush delivery service for these and a stick on label sealing them stating they can not be returned once opened. I was surprised how early it arrived.

Warm your finger up, say with a cup of tea, this will show a better reading.

As you age, your extremities are not as good at moving blood around.

When this all kicked off last year my daughter sent my wife and I an oximeter and a thermometer. Have used them on several occasions and it is reassuring.

There use is far more important than that if covid causes breathing problems. We aren't very tolerant of variations and if the levels get too low there are serious complications.

Some areas of the country have been using them to monitor people remotely during waves. They are given them and asked to enter readings on a web page. That way they can tell if people need a hospital and go fetch them.

I suppose some may use them to stay out for too long. I thought they would be expensive and came across some one who used one and it did show when he needed a hospital.

Not funny but :ROFLMAO: gasping for breath is what gets people into hospital in the first place. I think they still don't know why some go that way and others don't. Bit like why some don't get any symptoms at all.

Hypoxemia is a below-normal level of oxygen in your blood, specifically in the arteries. Hypoxemia is a sign of a problem related to breathing or circulation, and may result in various symptoms, such as shortness of breath.

Hypoxemia is determined by measuring the oxygen level in a blood sample taken from an artery (arterial blood gas). It can also be estimated by measuring the oxygen saturation of your blood using a pulse oximeter — a small device that clips to your finger.

Normal arterial oxygen is approximately 75 to 100 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). Values under 60 mm Hg usually indicate the need for supplemental oxygen. Normal pulse oximeter readings usually range from 95 to 100 percent. Values under 90 percent are considered low.

So for some people they can buy one and enjoy watching the levels drop at some point or the other. Or maybe not.

That's a very abstract concept and would take great leaps of faith to believe. It's the immigration of 10 million grasping foreigners that has put pressure on the NHS, as well as pressure on every other public service.

Warm your finger up, say with a cup of tea, this will show a better reading.

As you age, your extremities are not as good at moving blood around.

A normal reading is considered to be 95%. It was cheap so I don't expect super accuracy. If needed it's behaviour is what matters. It warns about having warm hands. They were. Actually my hands don't feel warm now and it's showing 95 with odd flashes of 96. My body is trying to warm them up. Also within the 2% accuracy they claim.

You paid too much. I paid half of that on Ebay a year ago. You shouldn't need to hyperventilate, just check it at normal rest. It should be 95+%, though 90+ is acceptable. 85 or less, you need to be seriously worried. They tend to not work so well, if you, especially your fingers are cold. Yes, the reading tends to fall, if you get covid, supposedly - so perhaps an early indicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back