There's no hiding!

Sponsored Links
Round Surrey and Sussex you can regularly see an Astra Estate parked up on the road with the boot open, camera operating and a triangular warning sign on the road saying 'tax checking' or words to that effect.

Two weeks ago, I saw the same van as that cruising a big car park in the west end of Edinburgh.

If ANPR is such a success at getting untaxed / uninsured, vehicles off the road, why do insurance premiums keep going up? :confused:

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Is anyone else getting an email every 2 minutes from this topic saying someone has replied to a post you are watching? I've stopped watching and it still keeps coming through I've had 28 now in the space of about an hour and can't stop them, just blocked them so they go to my junk folder.

If ANPR is such a success at getting untaxed / uninsured, vehicles off the road, why do insurance premiums keep going up? :confused:

Wotan

Because the insurance companies want to take even more money off you. Simples.

Coincides with:

1. New ways the bad guys find of cheating the system. Ie, panic stops.

2. More litigious injured people and ambulance chasing. Lot of people get whiplash now, genuine or otherwise.

3. Cost of repairs has gone through the roof since they made cars safer. Airbags (ours broke the windscreen when it deployed), collapsable chassis etc. Turn a £200 repair job into a £2,000 one. Cars get written off after very little damage.

4. A "No claim no fee" system that allows for 200% of costs being charged on success.

Probably more reasons too, just those four I can think of at the mo.

Ive also been the victim of, not an uninsured car, it was insured, so no cause for being stopped/caught, however the driver of the car was not, apart from stopping drivers at checkpoints, how can you stop that?

Re ambulance chasing, seems these people have a foot in the insurance door, I had an accident last november, and had 4 different comanies contact me to see if I was injured, and a few texts saying my accident could be worth £3500.

Sponsored Links
Back