Moped Driving

If your going to use the canal please also get a loud horn/bell and use it :)

I'd love an electric bike as I have some pretty hard to cycle up hills near me.

I used to encounter cyclists on my walk from the rail station in an old job, they would either bomb it past you or just appear behind you and expect you to have rear view mirrors attached to your head at all times. One pushed me to the side as he tried to navigate around a pot hole he'd approached at speed.

Nobody should be taking their bike out into public without a bell.

Sponsored Links
When I’m out walking my dog, I like cyclist to ring their bell when approaching me from behind. When I’m out on my cycle and approaching people from behind, I think I’m being rude when I ring my bell. Weird!

Yeah it's a bit like appropriate use of the car horn. I assume any use of it will be interpreted as impatience or road rage, so I try to use a code of different styles!

Yeah it's a bit like appropriate use of the car horn. I assume any use of it will be interpreted as impatience or road rage, so I try to use a code of different styles!
Not sure if the legal designation still applies, but a vehicle horn used to be described as a 'warning instrument' & drivers were advised to use it when overtaking.

Sponsored Links
Not sure if the legal designation still applies, but a vehicle horn used to be described as a 'warning instrument' & drivers were advised to use it when overtaking.

That's exactly the way I was taught. I use it to warn others basically that I'm there. I've developed my horn use to a couple of friendly light toots...

When I’m a passenger in my mates car and I spot any minor driving infringement by others, I reach over and give them a long blast on his horn. It embarrasses him so it’s well worth doing. I did it once to a copper who was a bit slow pulling away from the lights. :ROFLMAO:

When I’m a passenger in my mates car and I spot any minor driving infringement by others, I reach over and give them a long blast on his horn. It embarrasses him so it’s well worth doing. I did it once to a copper who was a bit slow pulling away from the lights. :ROFLMAO:
Thought you said he was your mate.
Anyone who did that to me, after just one warning, wouldn't be riding in my passenger seat again :rolleyes:

When I'm driving my wife leans over and beeps the horn, I've been beaten up 3 times by road rage nutters already.

When I'm driving my wife leans over and beeps the horn, I've been beaten up 3 times by road rage nutters already.
You couldn't make this up o_O

Nobody touches the controls when I'm driving (except things like climate & entertainment) by the same token neither would I as a passenger.

Wouldn’t want a grump like you for a mate anyway.
Grump? Maybe, but safe enough to have managed 60 years of conviction-free driving, over half of them as either a chauffeur or HGV/PSV driver ;)

It won't be funny when you get that dickhead who wants a punch up.

Sponsored Links
Back