Theresa unites the country at last! CBI and TUC unite for Brexit!

so here we are, on the subject of "Theresa unites the country at last! CBI and TUC unite for Brexit!"

and notch wants to divert the subject, as long as he doesn't answer any difficult questions himself.

It's nice to know that one of notch's "difficult" topics is the idea that wealthy tax dodgers might have to pay fair tax.

So you rant about how much tax revenue is lost to wealthy tax dodgers, but cant put an amount on it and wont answer the question.

Ive already said twice Im happy to discuss tax avoidance, just not because you are using it to avoid answering.

Even once you divert the subject, when I ask for specifics about revenue lost to tax dodgers, you wont answer that either.

Sponsored Links
I can see it's important to you not to say if you think that billionaires and wealthy multinationals should be taxed, like the common little people.

I can see it's important to you not to say if you think that billionaires and wealthy multinationals should be taxed, like the common little people.

You brought it to the discussion as a point about collecting more revenue for the renationalisation outlined at the Labour conference.

So how much can it raise?

I can see its important to you that you cant give an answer.
Thats because its easier to spout a rant than back it up with any facts or figures.

Its one thing to blindly rant on. Its another to have a rational discussion about how both companies and individuals are getting away with not paying the correct amount of tax. Its disgusting that Google only invoice a % commission on sales in their UK accounts and only pay tax on that. Its also disgusting that Starbucks avoid paying their corporation tax, meaning that gives them unfair advantage over independants (there is a great rise in independant artisan coffee shops, I always choose one of those and never visit Starbucks on principle, apart from the fact their coffee is over roasted and tastes foul).

I don't know the exact amount that could be raised by implementing a fairer tax system, any more than I know the exact amount that Jeremy the C Hunt expects can be made by private health companies taking over the profitable parts of the NHS, or Theresa thinks can be saved by paring down rises in the State Pension.

I do know that in each case it is a very considerable amount.

More than that, it is a sensible and moral change in the interests of the nation, and of the other 27 nations in Europe that are moving in the same direction. No doubt, in time, it will even by adopted by Trumpland, because it is fair and is in the interests of the nation. It will take longest in countries where the government is most influenced by well-heeled lobbyists and where you have to be rich to be the leader.

So I don't need to know the exact amount.

The good thing about a sensible and fair tax system is that it's not a one-off gain, like selling off the family silver, or, for example, selling a British company like Cadburys to a foreign conglomerate that closes factories and moves the profits to a tax haven.

Sponsored Links
And here's a bit of right-wing propaganda for you, from the disreputable far-right daily wail:

"Private firms may be given powers to arrest people: Companies would be able to hold individuals who fail to pay fines imposed by courts
  • Private security firms such as G4S could be empowered to arrest fine dodgers
  • The Ministry of Justice published tender documents to run fine collections
  • They want to outsource the collection of fines imposed by the nation's courts
  • The controversial deal is believed to be worth in the region of £290 million "
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4927688/Private-firms-given-powers-arrest-people.html

It's worth remembering that G4S was caught charging the taxpayer for monitoring tags on people who were either dead, in prison or never tagged in the first place.

View attachment 127805

Perhaps the jackets will be re-labelled. "G4S, here to arrest you"

We had someone moaning about public services being taken back into public ownership.

and here's a tory government continuing to funnel public services into private profits.
That is really interesting, I work in the security industry myself, I had a call from G4S last week about working for them but I didn't get back to them as I wasn't interested however if they get the power to arrest people I might be tempted.
Private security is a growth industry in N.Ireland some security guards at military installations are even allowed to carry guns.
With growing numbers of so called gated communities there is now a demand for private security contractors to patrol them.
The future for private security looks bright.

I can see this question is too awkward for you. I can't think why.

Do you think that billionaires, and wealthy multinationals, operating in a country should pay tax, just like the common little people?
What is the point of being mega rich if you are treated like a pleb.

Where is the money coming from?

"Where's the money coming from?" Philip Hammond couldn't bear to say "we'll borrow it" so used euphemism "We'll issue gilts." #r4today

But getting billionaires and multinationals to pay fair tax would bring in a vast amount.

That day is getting nearer.

Conservative MPs are rallying round to prop up Theresa after her conference disaster.

They all know she's got to go, but they're unable to find a replacement that isn't worse.

Word on the Westminster street is that she's had enough and wants out.

That shining wit the Buffoon has chiselled away the foundations of the government.

Conservative MPs are rallying round to prop up Theresa after her conference disaster.

They all know she's got to go, but they're unable to find a replacement that isn't worse.

Word on the Westminster street is that she's had enough and wants out.

That shining wit the Buffoon has chiselled away the foundations of the government.

I dont know why you are whinging about Boris, hes one of labours biggest assets at the moment

Sponsored Links
Back