Thermal store quick question

Sponsored Links
He can never offer any qualified reason for his posts and always comes back with some pathetic off topic slur against anyone who exposes his true incompetence.

I rest my case :LOL:

As always BB you never fail to show every poster what an idiot you are.

BB, you are still the laughing stock of this forum. RIP

Exactly, you cannot offer any other reply other than trying to sling insults.

Time for another ban BB :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Please do not under any circumstances get a thermal store.
Nothing but problems constantly. Gledhill Mcdonald or Albion I have been to major problems with all.
If these things are not fitted and commisioned right. We are talking 6-12 bottles of inhibitor in the secondaries(work that cost out) Then the top and bottom coils(in indirect version) will fur up (the outside of coils). The primaries in the sealed type must also be inhibited.
The complaints also of the house being too hot in summer as store is sitting at constant 80deg temp all year round.
Do your self a big favour and get a normal unvented cylinder!

Who's Bird brain.

That Tony Agile is a bird brain., as is that fella from Norwich too. They are those few months Corgi course men.

and what exact does CORGI have to do with any of this NOTHING you don't need to be CORGI registered to fit any cylinder unless it is calorifier with a gas burner fitted within it
BIRD BRAIN, Big Burner Dr Drivel or any of your alter ego's no matter how many insults you post you are still unqualified.

BB, any chance you're a saleman for thermal store/heatbank manufacturer?..............seem to like to talk lot about thermal store/heatbank?
:D
Dan

only fit one if your really that daft! the temperature losses can be very quick at the top of the cylinder (where the hot water coil is) and every customer i have been to has been very disappointed withn them but i'm sure Bird Brain will be along shortly(when he leaves his library) to disagree with the rest of us.

I am surprised you say that. I fitted an Albion Mainsflow 200 thermal store in November last year and we are finding it very good indeed. Our previous setup was a standard copper cylinder with a power shower but we could only get 2 showers out of it on a morning and we needed 4. The thermal store gives 4 good showers as hot as you like and the water from the tap afterwards is still too hot to hold your hand under - and that's blended down with cold at the tank so could actually be hotter if you wanted. The showers are mains pressure delivering about 32-35 litres a minute, which is brilliant.

I agree there is some temperature drop off in the first 20 seconds but we've since fitted a new thermostatic shower valve and now you don't notice the drop at all. In the last 2 weeks we've also added a second shower in a loft conversion and it runs the two showers simultaneously with no problem at all - although obviously at a reduced pressure but still very good.

So I've got nothing but good to say about thermal stores. It really has been a complete success.

John, the problems with thermal stores dont usually appear for a few years until they get scaled, sludged or just leak.

What temperature is your store operated at?

One of their disadvantages is that they are less effective if they are run at 65-70°C which is the highest temperature you can get from a condensing boiler efficiently.

If still operated from an old boiler at 80°C then they can work well until one of those problems befalls them.

Being realistic, they are rather a thing of the past as one of their major manufacturers recently found out!

Tony

OK. I'll keep a lookout for problems. Not 100% sure of the operating temp but we had a new boiler in December - a 12kW Worcester Bosch - and I didn't notice any difference in performance.

Would it be worth me adding some more inhibitor to the tank? At the moment it just has the crystal inhibitor that came with.

"BigBurner" seems to have disappeared from this forum !

Hopefully banned!

Very unfortunately, he has immediately re-emerged in another of his identities as "Water Systems" !

And now he's back as "doctor drivel". At least it's an honest username!

BB, any chance you're a saleman for thermal store/heatbank manufacturer?..............seem to like to talk lot about thermal store/heatbank?
:D
Dan

I expect he is the lone remaining salesman for Gledhill thermal stores!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back