Thermostat help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why my thermostats are not clicking off when they reach the desired temperature. I have a Danfoss link system and I have my rooms set to 21/22 but they currently all are reading 24+. Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi Dan unfortunately your comment didn’t post properly !

yes it did , he means that you will have to provide a lot more information as he doesnt have a crystal ball, Boiler make and model ? S plan or Y plan or combi, what danfoss controls ?

Sponsored Links
Ha ! Fair enough

So we have a Logic 30 boiler, Danfoss link which controls the underfloor heating downstairs and then we have a Danfoss TP4000 thermostat in our master bedroom which controlled the radiators on the top two floors. To get more control over the temperature in the rooms ok the top 2 floors I bought Danfoss Link Connect thermostats and have put these on some of the radiators.

The thermostat obviously controls the heating for the top two floors and so if the Danfoss link thermostats are set to higher than the setting on the TP4000 whilst they will try and call heat the radiators won’t turn on.

So I have two questions

1) what do I need to do to remove the need for the TP4000 and just use link connect thermostats on all the radiators

2) if this is too complicated my initial problem was that when the Danfoss TP4000 is calling heat, it allows the connects to call heat but they heat up past the setting on the thermostats and don’t then turn off - they turn off about 30 mins after reaching temp by which point a room trying to get to 21 is actually 24 (see attached)

I’ve done my best to explain this but apologies if nothing is clear and thanks for the help

Attachments

• 290BDCA7-0414-4127-9FEC-C4687B380301.jpeg
    290BDCA7-0414-4127-9FEC-C4687B380301.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 66
So last night I woke up at 4am and the radiators were all on and my two kids rooms were like saunas. The thermostat temperatures were set to 17 degrees and they were showing 26 ! I looked at the thermostat control unit in the main bedroom and it had the flame icon on as it was set to 23 degrees but was only at 22.5 as the windows were open - I lowered the temperature on the unit and all the radiators turned off. I really can’t understand why the thermostats are ignoring the temperatures set on them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back