They're at it it again

Sponsored Links
I predict another attack in Europe, somewhere , sooner than later, perpetrated by followers of the Religion of Peace.. If this comes true can I be President of the UKEXEU ?

Sponsored Links
I predict another attack in Europe, somewhere , sooner than later, perpetrated by followers of the Religion of Peace.. If this comes true can I be President of the UKEXEU ?
No. Your prediction is about as tenuous as saying the sun will rise in the East.

No. Your prediction is about as tenuous as saying the sun will rise in the East.
Ahh so , you just know it's bound to happen then? What a cop out Nosey..... No wonder William Hills wouldn't give me betting odds on it happening.

Ahh so , you just know it's bound to happen then? What a cop out Nosey..... No wonder William Hills wouldn't give me betting odds on it happening.
It's probably more conducive to try to understand the undercurrents of the deed as opposed to making superficial remarks which seldom add any substance to the topic. As for using simpleton logic and blaming ideologies, well, it's a little convenient and a bit of an intellectual/political cop-out - capitalism can be used to build robust economies or to usurp the wealth of the masses (as we discovered in 08).

These types of attacks are a very recent phenomena (20-25 years), and are the direct consequence of political decisions made by western leadership over the past 100 years, and the heart of the issue is Palestine/Israel - in fact, it was one of two primary motives for Bin Laden's attack against America, as was stated unequivocally in his 96 and 98 fatwas. Religion was used as a garb to derive strength and moral justification (whether sound or otherwise), the causative was a political event that manifest 50 years prior to the attack. I assure you, were you to swap Islam for atheism, they would still be attacking you and using Nietzsche's meanderings to justify it.

Incidentally, a number of Palestinian groups hijacked aircraft in the 70s for the same political motives, at a time when large swathes of the muslim world were still relatively secular. But as is the case with human nature, when oppression is sustained, and not resolved, something will give in eventually - and if that eventuality doesn't achieve the desired outcome, well, the reaction will only become more extreme. Welcome to 2017.

I always ponder what would have happened had Bush tried to negotiate Bin Laden's handover with the Taliban back in 01 instead of threatening to make them extinct. Mullah Omar was sympathetic, but the Americans weren't having it - and then Iraq unraveled, but it's Islam's fault - of course. I'd like to throw the Pope in there too, just for kicks.
Before 9/11, most people on this forum probably never heard of Islam, let alone know what a hijab or burqa is - now Islam wants to take over the world - you're only 1400 years late to the party. Grow up man.

JohnD's prediction was quite specific, yours is ambiguous. Willy Hill has every right to ignore your nonsense. It's like betting that a horse will win a race or a footballer will score a goal.

JohnD for Emperor! All hail JohnD! All we ask John is that you don't tell the press what 'truths' they can print and don't make promises you can't keep.

Sponsored Links
Back