this can't be safe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
saw this today in my local chippy, the blue door is the customers entrance..

View media item 23682
when I told the owner he said "wot about it?" I told him it's unsafe, what if there's little kids in here? he said "ah it'll be ok."...

after a few more words from me about H&S and EAWR he just went in the back..
so I shut the door myself.. couldn't bear the thought of some wee kid getting hurt for the sake of me shutting a cupboard and bolting it, getting funny looks from the other customers for making a fuss..

the stupid thing is, the cover was in the bottom of the cabinet.. I'd have put it back on if I had a screwdriver in the car.. :)

Sponsored Links
Good greif :rolleyes:

Looks like another DI having a stab at commercial installtion again.

A dual split FFS :evil:

Sponsored Links
But,,, the burning question is,,, Does he do fish bits/ batter bits with the chips?
And if not,, why not?
;) ;) ;) ;)

curry sauce on the mini-fish special, mushy peas on the battered sausage special, nothing on the pie and chips special, and sweet chilli and mayo on the donner meat special..

Col, did you send this picture to the environmental health dept of the local council?

And I thought you were watching the old calorie intake. ;)

I am.. 2 rounds of toast for breakfast, and sausage and chips for tea.. = about 1800 calories..

I am.. 2 rounds of toast for breakfast, and sausage and chips for tea.. = about 1800 calories..
Fair enough :LOL: I should be watching the intake myself. But the area I'm moving to has about 20 takeaways on a 1 mile stretch of one road. :LOL:

I was fine when the "local" take aways were about 2 miles away, but then they opened the chippy down the road, about 45 seconds by car ( very steep hill no way I'm walking back up it.. ), so it makes it that much harder..

decision :- spend 30-50 mins cooking tea or drive down to the chippy and back in 5 mins with ni messing about?

Fair enough :LOL: I should be watching the intake myself. But the area I'm moving to has about 20 takeaways on a 1 mile stretch of one road. :LOL:

Hull? :LOL:

We've got an Indian takeaway 10 seconds from the front door, about 5 pizza shops within 5 minutes walk, 5 or 6 pubs and a Tesco express.

Oh, and it has to be curry on chips. ;)

when I told the owner he said "wot about it?" I told him it's unsafe, what if there's little kids in here? he said "ah it'll be ok."...

after a few more words from me about H&S and EAWR he just went in the back..
Typical bury their head in the sand type attitude, maybe a RIDDOR might provoke action :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back